FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least that's the belief of Erica Jong and her fellow drama queen Jane Fonda.

http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/erica-jong-tells-italians-obama-loss-will-spark-second-american-civil-war-blood-will-r

It seems that the final days of the presidential campaign have made Erica Jong and her friends more than a little anxious.

A few days ago, Jong, the author and self-described feminist, gave an interview to the Italian daily Corriere della Sera, the choicest bits of which were brought to my attention by the reliably sharp-eyed Christian Rocca, the U.S. correspondent of Il Foglio, who published excerpts on his Camillo blog. Basically, Jong says her fear that Obama might lose the election has developed into an "obsession. A paralyzing terror. An anxious fever that keeps you awake at night." She also says that her friends Jane Fonda and Naomi Wolf are extremely worried that Obama will be sabotaged by Republican dirty tricks, and that if an Obama loss indeed comes to pass, the result will be a second American Civil War.

Here's a translation of Jong's more spirited quotes to the Milan-based Corriere, as selected by Rocca.

"The record shows that voting machines in America are rigged."

"My friends Ken Follett and Susan Cheever are extremely worried. Naomi Wolf calls me every day. Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can't cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduces her to a bundle of nerves."

"My back is also suffering from spasms, so much so that I had to see an acupuncturist and get prescriptions for Valium."

"After having stolen the last two elections, the Republican Mafia…"

"If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets."

"Bush has transformed America into a police state, from torture to the imprisonment of reporters, to the Patriot Act."

She also laments that not all of America's men of letters share her devotion to Obama.

"Tom Wolfe and John Updike are men of the right and Philip Roth is at this point a hermit who leads a monastic life in Connecticut, far from everything and everybody."

Luckily, she said there is her and Michael Chabon, who, she says, have "taken the place of Susan Sontag and Norman Mailer respectively."

They have the same political sensibilities, she said, but a better "sense of humor."

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
So either way it would be best to have ammo stocked up :shock:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
got 20 50cal ammo can full of assorted rounds :?

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
What the hell are liberal's going to use? Guns? Ha! They can't do anything for themselves and this fight would be over quickly. They'd get slaughtered by Shipwreck and his one good hand!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:lol: :lol: :-D :-D

·
Registered
630 Posts
either way there might be rioting.
Obama wins they celebrate and riot
Obama loses they mourn and riot

·
Registered
57 Posts
coldair said:
The image of the Korean shop owners in LA guarding their stores with rifles in their hands keeps coming back to me lately.

·
Registered
630 Posts
funny but those pictures and the pictures of reginald denny's beating ar very hard to find in google. do you think there is reason for that?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
As an aside, I think that BHO being the candidate has done more to divide the country than all of the efforts of Jackson, Sharpton, etc., combined!!! :(
But, isn't that what the far-left liberals desire anyway??? :NO:

Tony

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
coldair said:
Sounds like Michigan State University when the play U of M :-D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Furyataurus said:
I agree. Unless we, Republicans, control the house its going to be a very bad/dark time :(
That won't happen I think.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
If its all controlled by Dems then we are truly SUNK!!! It won't be long until they pack the Supreme Court with those that follow their way of thinking and start reversing/changing rulings. :cry: . I bet the first to go is Roe v Wade followed by D.C. v Heller. :cry: .

All this is "worst case scenario" by the way.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
^ yea i see this happening...

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
OR

Obama gets elected and doesn't do anything he said he would!!! And he does the opposite instead!!! :-D

Those that voted for him would be extremely upset and vote Rep. the next time around since they wouldn't trust him again.

Something to think about........

·
Banned
328 Posts
Obama gets elected and doesn't do anything he said he would!!! And he does the opposite instead!!!

You mean something like at the inauguration he rips off a rubber mask and turns out to be Ross Perot?

·
Administrator
11,194 Posts
Furyataurus said:
If its all controlled by Dems then we are truly SUNK!!! It won't be long until they pack the Supreme Court with those that follow their way of thinking and start reversing/changing rulings. :cry: . I bet the first to go is Roe v Wade followed by D.C. v Heller. :cry: .

All this is "worst case scenario" by the way.
Roe vs Wade???

Democrats fully support Roe vs Wade. If they controll both the WH and the Congress, I would expect that abortion on demand for ANY reason what-so-ever at ANY time during the pregnancy would be granted at government expense, no questions asked. No changes in the SC Justices required.

As for Heller - I think that there are many centrist leaning Democrats in the Congress from 'gun happy states' that will not allow uncheck gun control to go forward. Many of them have good memories of what happened last time the Democrats supported unwarranted gun control with the Clinton (puke puke) AWB (written mostly by Joe Biden). The Republicans won a majority in both the House and Senate. One more SC justice 'legislating from the bench' will have a disastrous effect on gun and centrist/conservative American issues. BTW, Newt Gingrich the Former S of the H claims that he lost his re-election bid and his position as S of the H because he ALLOWED this bill to come to the floor for a vote.

Now the SC Judiciary is a different thing. There may be a retirement of 3 SC Justices this presidential term. I can tell you with confidence that this is the SOLE ISSUE that I am using to JUSTIFY VOTING FOR A CANDIDATE that I DO NOT SUPPORT. I feel that voting for someone that would keep the SC court in balance (or more conservative) is the best bet for America right now.

Already the Democrats in congress are getting ready to pass a myriad of bills when they return for this lame duck session, that will suck this country dry of everything that has made it great, ready for BHO BHO the President (pronounced BO BO as in BO BO the Clown) to sign on January 21.

Lord, a little help here would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts