FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Administrator
11,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the thread to discuss Obama's supposed 19 EO's and the ramifications involved.

Please post all comments concerning this here. We do not need twenty different threads discussing the same thing.

I will unlock this thread at 11:45 today for comments (or sooner if necessary).

Temp STICKY status.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Lets see how much is actually dedicated to stopping school violence compared to taking guns from law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning all, I excerised (yet again) my 2nd amendment right yesterday (new FNAR!). Just joined the forum. Now watching BO on TV to see how he's going to 'make us safer' (while hiding behind the kids and keeping his armed guards for life at his side).

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Guess if my doctor is going to pop me for owning guns while I'm sedated, I'd better keep an attorney on retainer for any visits to the ER, and keep him on speed dial for those rare occasions when a doctor's assessment of my collection and it's status put my rights (and valuables) in jeopardy....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Obamas, Gun Hate Speech - Cliff notes

Obama’s Hate Speech:
1) This is for the children: keeping them safe.
2) Reduce mass shootings.
3) 900 people killed in last month by guns.
4) No law can stop all violence – we have a job to do even if it saves onlt one life
5) Back Ground Checks
6) Mental health professionals to report patients
7) CDC to do studies on video games
8 23 Executive Actions
9) Calls on congress to pass his
10) Universal back ground checks
11) 40% purchases w/o back ground check
12) Ban Military style assault rifles and 10 round magazine limit
13) Ronald Reagan backed Assault Weapons Bans
14) Punish Gun Runners
15) Confirm Todd Jones as new BATFE Director
16) Need More “Cops”
17) Obama respects 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment – can respect 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment but common sense regulation is needed
18 More people need ot be alive to celeibrate birth days and anniversaries
19) Some will gin up ratings saying that this is an assault on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] amendment, it is not.
20) Must ask ourselves what is important
21) We care too much about our children to allow this to continue.
22) This can not happen if the American People will not support it
23) Some politicians will sell out to the gun lobby.
24) Founding fathers said we should live our lives responsibly and the we should tell other how to live responsibly
25) Shooting victims, victims of criminal and mass shooting victims are having their rights violated

These are my notes from his speech - he is signing the Executive orders now....

No specific mention was made about what the 23 orders are....

·
Premium Member
9,507 Posts
He just listed the rights denied to various victims...those rights were taken by criminals, not acts of government. That is a dangerous and wrong headed comparison to make while calling for restrictions on law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
341 Posts
POTUS: "Examine ourselves..."

"Examine ourselves and our hearts and ask ourselves what is important", President Barack Obama, 1/16/2013

I have done this. The answer is liberty.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Anyone else think the 23 EOs listed are rather 'tepid' considering what we were fearing might come down?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Damn... I dozed off about 2 minutes into the press conference.. What did I miss?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts