FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Recently I've come into the possession of both an NX 45 and a Mk 17S, so I thought I'd join a dedicated FN forum I order to keep up with changes and updates to both of these weapons.

I've actually been an end-user of FN products for decades now, from the M249 to the M240B GPMG, but the FNX and Mk 17S are the first FNs I've owned personally.

I spent 23 years in the US Army, retiring in 2008 as an 11Z5V. Most of my career was spent at Ft Bragg with Division (1st BCT) though I have tours of Campbell, Sill and Jackson as well as Germany and Korea. Three combat tours, two in Iraq and one in AFG. One combat jump, Operation Just Cause.

Although I'm retired, I still keep up a pretty rigorous shooting schedule (Old habits die hard, I guess.) I look forward to adding to the knowledge base and getting to know y'all better.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sill was my last duty station. We bought a house in a little town south of Lawton. We used to joke that where we stopped was where we'd stay, and it came true. We don't joke like that anymore.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Welcome fellow Okie. :)Glad you joined us here on the forum and thank you for your service to this country.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know that there's some fellow FN owners nearby. Maybe one of these days we can organize a pig hunt.

I'm not a native Oklahoman. Whenever I see a tornado, I run for the storm shelter vice heading to the roof with a pair of binos and a six-pack, LOL.

And thank y'all for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hello and welcome! You have 2 great FN firearms right there!

Reactions: LebbenB

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the FNX because I was looking for a modern high capacity .45 to go along with the brace of 1911s I own. It came down to the FNX, the Sig 227 and the HK 45. As I was in the process of making up my mind, the PX had an FNX in stock. After fat fingering it a bit, I went ahead and bought it. I gotta say it's the softest shooting .45 I've ever handled. As for the Mk 17S, I've wanted one for YEARS ever since I got some trigger time with it at Bragg. The prices have finally come down to where I could afford one.

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're welcome, Cap et al. It was a great career. And as I look back on it, even the bad times were pretty good. Except for losing folks...NOTHING, not even time, takes the edge off that.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! I'm originally from Texas but find myself in Southern Nevada these days. While in Texas I had a tornado remove my roof while I was in the house, but I've never jumped out of a perfectly good running airplane before lol. Thanks for ur Service and I'm sure you'll enjoy it here on the forum. : )

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

Thank you for your service!!! :p

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forums! 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts