FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got around to watching all 10 youtube vids. Kinda makes ya wanna go over there and start shootin' those wind bags. I wish everyone in the US would watch it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I got a free DVD of this in my local paper Sunday. Haven't watched it yet, but a note from the editor said it was an advertisement for something. I guess I'll have to watch it one of these days.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looks like a stupid piece of fear evoking propaganda, and I'm going to avoid rotting my brain. I tried researching the Clarion Fund, and they really aren't advertising much about themselves at all. Radical Islam can not destroy the Western world.

Neat thing is it came with a little novel describing how we are reaching the end of the world and I how need to find Jesus and send a check to him at some address given in the back of the book so I can be saved. The book is called "National Sunday Law" if any of you want to give it a read.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
This whole Radical Islam BS is BS. Their are radical people everywhere, including here in the US. I'm sure that the military industrial complex endorses vidoes like these so we will be afraid and need more high tech. high priced weapons to combat these radicals. Well how about these:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dtheman
Radical Islam can not destroy the Western world.
I wish I could believe that but I don't. Ignoring this problem and hoping everything will turn out alright is not a good idea.

DevilDoc,

islam is not a race, so wanting to fight and stomp out these radicals isn't racist.

What parts of this video are wrong?

·
Registered
373 Posts
We knew they were planning an attack before 9/11, some people in key positions of power decided to ignore the warnings. I really don't see much of a threat from the crazies over there. Home grown radicals will have more of a chance to cause problems, but they usually do not have any logistical or operational support from professionals, they are using info gleamed from the net(hence their are usually caught because of their operational security lapses).

The video is blatant propaganda aimed at getting you relied up and ready to support any BS legislation or actions coming from the top. All you need is some asshole to decide that homegrown terrorist pose a huge threat because semi-automatic handguns are available here in the US.

"Well those radicals are bent on destroying us so we've gotta outlaw these guns they could use against us!"

Anything that vies for your support through the use of fear is probably not in your best interest to support, that's why their are trying to scare you into supporting their position. Again, the people who funded this video are hiding themselves from the general public, so what does that tell you of their intentions?

·
Banned
328 Posts
Ignoring this problem and hoping everything will turn out alright is not a good idea

Refusing to buy into some wacko video is not the same as ignoring the problem. A lot of times the propaganda in question is intended to create the perception that a problem actually exists or that the blame for a real problem (terrorism) rests solely with one group (the muslims). It's this kind of thinking that gets people beaten down in the street by mobs or loaded onto railroad cars and sent away never to be seen again.

I agree with TA in that we don't need to bury our heads in the sand in the face of terrorism but I'm siding with dtheman and devildoc on the video. Labeling islam (I know the video says radical islam but to the average viewer that just means islam) "evil" does nobody any good.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey devildoc, that youtube video of those crazy white people was funny! I guess he should get his ass back to Germany! I don't think I've seen a white person "look" so crazy as that guy.

I say we round up ALL the radical Islamic people who want to kill Americans and drop them off in L.A., New York etc... and give them their chance to kill us, even those little kids who want to kill American's as well. A marine friend of mine said "kill the little kids, that way they don't grow up to kill you later". Sounds like good advice if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I don't beleave that the islamic people are all radical, I think that 99% are no different than any one else. Marines love war, they train their minds and bodies to be a weapon of war, so to hear that want to kill everything including children does not supprize me. It's not right, but no big Epiphany. That being said, is one of the reasons why we shouldn't enter into a war without understanding what war is. It's not about right or wrong, just alive and dead.

Given the right set of surcomstances, any one of us could become what others would call "radical". Very few americans have taisted true deperation, starvation, and hopelessness.

BS video's like this Obsession are propaganda. Designed to scare people into thinking that we are justified for doing stupid ****. Are there bad people out there? Yes, there are. But are they a direct physical threat to the US?

If a-holes that make movies like thes want to do something worth wihile, then show americans the true threats, WALLSTREET, OPEN BOARDERS, CORPORATE GREED, ETC...

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand completely the need for caution, and I can partly see your side of it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. No problem there. If we all were the same it would be a dull world. I hope I have not offended anyone on the forum.

I still believe the video, whether it's labeled propaganda or not, does a good job of showing you what you will not see on your local news channel. Yes, it's meant to be provocative, it was meant to wake people up. If you think it goes too far and paints the wrong picture, we just disagree.

Unless you think all those scenes of people chanting death to America are lies and those clerics preaching for people to commit murder were staged, then you have to see the threat don't you? Most definitions of propaganda contain the word "lie" somewhere. I didn't catch any lies in there, but there could have been, did anyone catch any? Or was it just deliberately provocative, and show what is going on over there?

It is the radicals that my anger is pointed at. Those kids are being brainwashed and filled with a desire to kill innocent civilians and being told it will get them to heaven and that non-muslims are no better than dogs and it is okay to kill them. If that does not make you angry and want to remove those radicals from the face of the earth, then we just see things differently. No hate, no racism, just anger toward those who do such a thing in open public and not be confronted about it. Yes, I know it is not America and that it is another culture. But they have to love their children too.

I will admit though that I think the "religion" of islam is the root of all of it. You don't see many terrorist groups that are not muslim. Individuals yes, like Timothy McVeigh, but these are large groups of radical people. No, that does not mean I want every muslim in a cattle car. But I do want to make sure we don't let the radicals (like the ruler of iran) put non-muslims in cattle cars.

I think as long as the koran contains the things it does, there will always be a decent percentage of muslims that are radical and extremist. The world will never be rid of them. And I do not see a large effort from the peaceful people of islam to stomp it out themselves. When they do make a concerted and effective assault on the extremists, when the protesters screaming stop the terrorists are larger than the extremists protesters, I will relax my position on the subject.

Americans detest the kkk and confronted it and have pretty much stopped its attacks. Why can't they do the same? When these so called clerics start their "death to all" BS, they need to be booed and shouted down and shamed. Until then, I think videos like this are needed to show us what is happening over there.

Once again, I apologize if I have offended anyone and I have no desire to argue with anyone. These are just my views and I won't discuss it any more in this thread. :D

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
TexasArmadillo wrote: It is the radicals that my anger is pointed at. Those kids are being brainwashed and filled with a desire to kill innocent civilians and being told it will get them to heaven and that non-muslims are no better than dogs and it is okay to kill them. If that does not make you angry and want to remove those radicals from the face of the earth, then we just see things differently. No hate, no racism, just anger toward those who do such a thing in open public and not be confronted about it. Yes, I know it is not America and that it is another culture. But they have to love their children too.
I'm not ANGRY with those radicals, if that's what they believe then that's their right, I just want to get them before they get me, anger has nothing to do with it, it goes for anyone else as well who wants to kill Americans.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I also do not want to argue. My view is also just my view. I agree that religious leaders should not be preaching death and distruction of others that do not have the same FAITH that they do. We have butt loads here in the US that do the same damn thing. http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=9377 . I think that when the light of day is shown on the true motives behind the situation, the truth is a bitter pill.

People say Islam hates america. Ok, why do they hate us?

Look if Iraq, Saudi, Iran, Yemen, Dubi and the rest, did not have OIL we would not be there, unless for some reason we ran out of SAND and camel ****. There are tons of places that the US does not have any presence, why? cuz they don't have **** we want, or they don't have any money to buy our ****, or they don't have workers we can exploit. It's really that simple.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I will admit though that I think the "religion" of islam is the root of all of it. You don't see many terrorist groups that are not muslim.

Islam is not the root of it at least not any more than any other religion. A small number of people are the root if it. Religion is just their tool for motivating others. Doesn't matter if they worship Jesus or Buddha or Anubis or some rock in the center of their village. It happens to be islam in this case because it is the predominant faith in the area.

Go to Northern Ireland - you probably won't see too many terrorist groups that are muslim.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I got it in the mail today and watched it. Since I follow this stuff pretty closely there was not much new. John Loftus has lots more to say on this than was in the movie. I will pass it on to others who don't follow this much, or who insist on whistling past the graveyard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts