FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been searching for an answer for a while and can't find anything.
SWR instructions say that the ports on the octane45 baffles need to be aligned.

my question is why?

TAC65 suppressor uses K baffles and they instruct to "spiral the baffles every 90 degrees".

i'm curious what would happen if the octane baffles are misaligned by 90 degrees each.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Try it. :eek:

Reactions: Big Vick

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
so i've been searching for an answer for a while and can't find anything.
SWR instructions say that the ports on the octane45 baffles need to be aligned.

my question is why?

TAC65 suppressor uses K baffles and they instruct to "spiral the baffles every 90 degrees".

i'm curious what would happen if the octane baffles are misaligned by 90 degrees each.
nothing will "happen" if you reorient the baffles you will just not get as good of performance. I have messed around with them but it dosn't really change much

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
were you gauging by ear or using a measuring device?
i'm curious if it'll change the sound/frequency signature and exactly how much it'll change the sound level.
i'm also curious about the point of impact and grouping precision. i found a thread (i think on silencertalk) about the grouping being slitely worse with a sparrow-22 baffles being "staggered".

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
were you gauging by ear or using a measuring device?
i'm curious if it'll change the sound/frequency signature and exactly how much it'll change the sound level.
i'm also curious about the point of impact and grouping precision. i found a thread (i think on silencertalk) about the grouping being slitely worse with a sparrow-22 baffles being "staggered".
I didn't use equipment but your looking at ~1-2 db difference. Would be hard to hear a difference. No change of poi with the can. I don't shoot pistols to long distance so I don't know if poi would change out further

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.