FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this interesting enough that I wanted to post it up here and get some feedback from my FNF buddies. I read on a different forum that the Griffin Armament 3-lug mount will fit the SilencerCO Octane series perfectly shortening the can by around 1 1/4" which is pretty significant. It would look better and be noticeably shorter on a subgun.

What I'd be concerned about is if it alters the performance or would be unsafe. I figure with the piston on the Octane the blast enters the blast chamber which is right about the same area that it should enter with the 3-lug. What are your thoughts?

Here is a picture I found but it is not mine so I do not claim credit for it, just posting it for a reference:
Flashlight Material property Technology Electronic device Monocular

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Precisely what I was thinking!! I have a 9mm Ar with a 3 lug mount that could definitely use this if it's a viable option and I really hope to get a Sig MPX and install a 3 lug on that as well.

Yep i I have the mpx on order too- which is my hope. I'm planning to pick up the cz scorpion at some time, my hope is also to do the same.

did you already purchase it? Where did you find it?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As soon as you guys get your MPX you better post pics of them! And again once you get the 3-lug mount for them with your preferred cans attached! I'm still saving for one right now but I'm really excited for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts