FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sometimes you have bad weeks, you ask lots of questions and never get answers; other times you have good weeks, and when they are good, you don't ask questions you just roll with it:

Big Kam shipped 500 rounds of ss197 to my doorstep this past week, not expected and very much surprised! KTK you are a first class gentleman! So, once I revived the 500 rounds I felt compelled to purchase 10 more mags for the PS90 and load em up. Then, Chris sent back the black reticle sight with the REM T3B installed - all I can say is wow! It should have come from the factory this way - Chris did and awesome job and I can't say enough about my communication with him - Thanks Chris for making this happen.

Much like mjk1 I got tired of searching for a NIB standard OD PS90......so I ordered the OD Stock from FN Parts, found the black reticle sight at Brownells and pieced this one together. I picked her up Friday afternoon. Yesterday, my last 3 surefire x400GU's showed up via UPS for Saturday delivery.

Form 1 goes out tomorrow - I enjoyed the 10 month pain on the Tri-rail SBR so much I am going to go through it all again & just in time too I might add.

In short - it was a great week this past week, I don't know last week was my week but at this point, I am not going to ask any questions!!!

View attachment 26682 View attachment 26683

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Glad I could help out with your FNH addiction brother. :biggrin: Nice looking rig you have there by the way!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looking good BBG! Looking good I say

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Yessir. Nothing is free in this world.

BBG sent me a brick of Subsonic Eley .22 when it was about as rare as leprechaun turd, unicorn horn kabobs. So I sent him a "brick" of SS197 :biggrin:

Good things happen to good people.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Man, BBG...with all those Surefires, you are officially eclipse resistant. Very nice, by the way.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Man, BBG...with all those Surefires, you are officially eclipse resistant. Very nice, by the way.
I hate to say this but Surefire's are like waving a bad candle compared to a lot of the off shore lights out there, and that doesn't even consider the HEAVILY modded lights available. I have for my PS90 a Surefire body that has been bored to 18mm using two 18350 batteries, and I'm running a very "floody" 2500 Lumen​ "pill".

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
801-876-2711 I believe. Product #F812102230 and the cost including shipping is $268.00 for the OD green stock.
$260 plus $8 shipping....there out of stock currently. Keep calling:)

Congrats. You will love the SBRd PS90.

Also, I didn't know we could order the OD stock from FN Parts. Is FN Parts the parts store for FN? How much was the stock?

-escap0

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i guess if your into hopping up lasers and lights...I've seen some crazy lasers and lights from China before.....in my role these fit the bill perfectly and I am a huge fan of surefire products:)

I hate to say this but Surefire's are like waving a bad candle compared to a lot of the off shore lights out there, and that doesn't even consider the HEAVILY modded lights available. I have for my PS90 a Surefire body that has been bored to 18mm using two 18350 batteries, and I'm running a very "floody" 2500 Lumen​ "pill".

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Holy Cow!, 2500 Lumens on a PS90! I'd like to see a photo of the spill on that thing, You would not want to activate that beast indoors unless you were lighting up an empty warehouse; light refraction would be blinding off the interior walls of an average dwelling.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Very nice buckeye-- you have made me green with envy. Where did u put pressure pad for sure fire? I really like your setup-- is that an aimpoint micro?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Holy Cow!, 2500 Lumens on a PS90! I'd like to see a photo of the spill on that thing, You would not want to activate that beast indoors unless you were lighting up an empty warehouse; light refraction would be blinding off the interior walls of an average dwelling.
Not as bad as you might think indoors, VERY "floody" with around 100 yds of throw. The "pill" was built by Vinhnguyen54

Link to the "pill" http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?374865-WTS-Brightest-Regulated-M2500-P60-LED-(Beam-Shots)

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Right now it's on the 9 o'clock rail via rail switch. My dumbas# ordered the wrong switch. Tape switches on the way :)
That's funny-- no worries, done that a few times. But in all honesty-- it is what ever you like and works best for you. I wish I had my stamps--- have all of them out still--- wishing for Aug to come soon enough.
Have be you seen the magpul pressure plate for switches? It goes over the picatinny -- makes it nice and neat. Should work. I have a few but have not yet installed them.

Magpul MOE Illumination Kit, Black:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

1 - 20 of 22 Posts