FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is yet another striker question. I've read the many striker related posts, but I'm confused as to the OEM strikers. Did FN redesign the striker, or did it simply assert it had some striker failures from time to time (perhaps attributed to a problematic batch)? If the striker was redesigned, how to you distinguish between an old striker and the new striker? Just to be clear, I'm not asking about the APEX striker.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Okay, this is yet another striker question. I've read the many striker related posts, but I'm confused as to the OEM strikers. Did FN redesign the striker, or did it simply assert it had some striker failures from time to time (perhaps attributed to a problematic batch)? If the striker was redesigned, how do you distinguish between an old striker and the new striker? Just to be clear, I'm not asking about the APEX striker.
I could be wrong, but I think all the 509s have the inferior MIM striker. I have not heard if this is something they have addressed and changed in newer strikers or not. I would assume they haven't, but I could be wrong. I did replace one of mine with the Apex for my carry pistol. Maybe they should contact Apex to make their strikers in the future. They seem to be able to make one with no issues. Just my two cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts