FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of alternate holsters for other pistols (Glocks, S&W, etc.) that also accommodate the FNS-9? Seems I saw something about a good fit in a Safariland Glock 26 holster, but can't locate the post now. I'm sure that there are some leather holsters out there not marketed for the FNS that will work. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use a raven concealmenr m&p holster for my fns. Fits pretty well. Also, the fnx holster will work,but it is a little loose unless you can adjust the retention.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use a Serpa II for Glock 17. You have to do a slight modification with a dremmel (shave a few mm of plastic out at the barrel end so it doesn't bind on the accessory rail that the G17 doesn't have) but once you do it fits like a glove since the FNS and the G17 have almost exactly the same grip dimensions. Retention and release are beautiful...just needs a tiny bit more clearance at the barrel end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Safariland makes a nice ALS concealment holster for the FNS-9/40. The model # is 6378-266-411. I have one and it works great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, the Fobus GL4 for the G30 works well with my FNS-40. I only use it if I am not going to be in a crowded area because it has no active retention. I ordered the G-code INCOG for my FNS and I love it. They have a long wait time but it is well worth it. Got mine done in Kryptex Highlander camo and the coating is cloth, not a dip, so it holds in place well when you draw. Check them out, it's a nice IWB holster that can be worn in any position.

·
Registered
37 Posts
All of the alternative holsters I tried for my FNS-40 were either too loose or too tight. I finally settled on a Blade Tech for the FNS-9 and adjusted it for the 40. It works for now. On paper, the dimensions are specific and the supposedly the same for the FNS-9 and 40. In reality, they aren't. The 40's are larger than the 9's. I tried holsters for the FNX-40 but they were all a little too big.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts