FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gents I have recently had the little gears turning in my little tin foil covered head and thought that maybe there could be some new roles, firearms, and tactics thrown out there for a group of people in situations like shtf, wrol, invasion, government over throw... zombie apocalypse...

Any who, one of my first ideas is for a small group. I think that having a heavy hitter in a group would be quite useful, and I'm not talking about a guy with a 308 battle rifle or a 50 bmg mounted machine gun. I'm more along the lines of some one using a brake action or bolt action rifle chambered in .458 win mag or any heavy hitting safari caliber. The optimal rifle for this role would be something with a 16"-20" inch barrel, a very very good muzzle brake, some 500 gr. pills, and maybe a compact scope or eotech on top. The "operator" would of course have an ar or another similar firearm. Now the use of this rifle would be for targets that are wearing heavy body armor, vehicles, barrier's, and any other hard to disable things. I would think that the HH would be with in 100 yards of the target and would have the covering fire of his/ hers buddies and their job would be to dispatch those with precise fire who are taking cover behind barriers or high value targets like an lmg or mounted weapon that a 223, 7.62x39, or a 308 would have a hard time getting through or to.

Any who this is only one idea of many that have been rambling around in my head.

If there are any other arm chair commandos out there... or guys who actually know what they are talking about... who have any other strange or crazy ideas that they think could work feel free to share.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was looking at that Nemo. Looks awesome. 14 round mag. 5K though. Don't have any feedback though.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks.

I just moved up the .416 Rigby on my must have list.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You could always just stick to a 12gauge. All kinds of different ammo out there now. AP, HE, Incendiary, B&B, Flare, Bolo, Sabot, plus all the standard stuff.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
You could always just stick to a 12gauge. All kinds of different ammo out there now. AP, HE, Incendiary, B&B, Flare, Bolo, Sabot, plus all the standard stuff.

All that has been around since the 80s.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm more along the lines of some one using a brake action or bolt action rifle chambered in .458 win mag or any heavy hitting safari caliber.
Or perhaps 458 SOCOM. That would allow your Heavy guy/gal to use an AR based rifle and not give up the ergonomics the AR is famous for. It would also reduce the Heavy's load - instead of carrying two separate rifles, he/she could carry two different uppers and change them as the mission dictates.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a Ruger #1 in .458 Lott that was fun to shoot. My wife asked why I needed such a large caliber. I told her it was for shooting rogue elephants that ran away from the traveling circus or for shooting 1959 Buicks. The ammo got up to around $120.00 for a box of twenty. The cost of ammo and two shoulder surgeries convinced me to sell it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I was looking at that Nemo. Looks awesome. 14 round mag. 5K though. Don't have any feedback though.
I've been watching a lot of their stuff too. While the rifle looks and sounds awesome, that price tag just puts it too far out of my reach.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts