FN Herstal Firearms banner

1521 - 1540 of 1546 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Odd that we don't have an official FAL photo thread, so I guess this goes here. (the original black rifle, after all)

IMG_20200706_074015416 by Jacob Allen, on Flickr

DSA Voyager. Got it in a trade yesterday. Not the greatest, but I'm glad to have another FAL in the collection after several years without one.

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
So this happened today...

One minute you're driving through a swarm of butterflies, the next minute you're filling out a 4473...life is funny that way.

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
NICE!!! so do you have all three? Before I could even see the rifle, I knew it was IWI ... "blue bag"
I just have the 5.56 and 7.62 NATO flavors.
I wouldn't mind the X39, but I already have a good number of AKs to fill that role.
I'll admittedly probably regret its absence down the road...especially if things go sour, legislatively speaking.

Reactions: dank and Smurky

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I just have the 5.56 and 7.62 NATO flavors.
I wouldn't mind the X39, but I already have a good number of AKs to fill that role.
I'll admittedly probably regret its absence down the road...especially if things go sour, legislatively speaking.
You know that you want to round out the ACE series.

also do me a favor, if you have an aluminum GI M16 Mag, can you check to see if it’d work with your ACE? Mine will not even lock any aluminum 20-rounds GI mags in place.It will work with 20-rounds plastic mags of various brands. Just not with the GI 20-rounders. GI 30-rounders are good to go.

·
Premium Member
9,513 Posts
also do me a favor, if you have an aluminum GI M16 Mag, can you check to see if it’d work with your ACE? Mine will not even lock any aluminum 20-rounds GI mags in place.It will work with 20-rounds plastic mags of various brands. Just not with the GI 20-rounders. GI 30-rounders are good to go.
I checked some Colt and Surefeed 20 rounders...no dice. I also tried some old post-ban 9 round Colt mags...same thing won't lock into place. Like you said, all the various aluminum and steel 30 rounders clicked into place without issue. I have some earlier release Surefire 60 round mags and they will lock, but it takes a pretty stout slap to get them to do so.

Reactions: fnfalman

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I checked some Colt and Surefeed 20 rounders...no dice. I also tried some old post-ban 9 round Colt mags...same thing won't lock into place. Like you said, all the various aluminum and steel 30 rounders clicked into place without issue. I have some earlier release Surefire 60 round mags and they will lock, but it takes a pretty stout slap to get them to do so.
interesting. I’m not the only one then.

I tried Lancer, MagPul and Hera plastic mags in 20-rounds versions and they all worked.

1521 - 1540 of 1546 Posts