FN Herstal Firearms banner

281 - 300 of 304 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
So after all this time I finally got around to swapping out my own pistol sights. It's one of those "I'll get to it someday" things that I kind never thought I would actually get to. The sight pusher made it super easy and I feel a little foolish waiting all this time to do it myself.

Anyways, nothing really special. The G19 now sports Trijicon HD sights. Calling it an improvement would be a gross understatement. So one Glock down, three more to go...not today, mind you, as that would be a little to spicy on the wallet.

·
Vendor
5,547 Posts
Pulled out my gen 1 Glock 17 from the safe. The grip was initially very smooth and slippery so I stippled it. (Just another one of my guns that I cannot sell or buy in Massachusetts anymore.) I hope Trump can change the tide so I can start buying things again! :)

CIMG6043.JPG

CIMG6042.JPG

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I don't care for the rest of the Glocks, but I love my Gen 1 Glock 17. Still have several of the crappy "pinch the bottom mag body and slide base plate out" mags.

Pulled out my gen 1 Glock 17 from the safe. The grip was initially very smooth and slippery so I stippled it. (Just another one of my guns that I cannot sell or buy in Massachusetts anymore.) I hope Trump can change the tide so I can start buying things again! :)

View attachment 68801

View attachment 68809

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
A Glock 43 that I bought for one of my nieces. Her dad took her out blasting with several compact pistols and she liked the Glock the best so that's what I got her.

I also got her the full Milt Sparks OWB setup too.

·
Vendor
5,547 Posts
I don't care for the rest of the Glocks, but I love my Gen 1 Glock 17. Still have several of the crappy "pinch the bottom mag body and slide base plate out" mags.
It is hard to believe I bought this over 30 years ago. Seems like yesterday. Gotta love that squishy trigger.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
So after all this time I finally got around to swapping out my own pistol sights. It's one of those "I'll get to it someday" things that I kind never thought I would actually get to. The sight pusher made it super easy and I feel a little foolish waiting all this time to do it myself.

Anyways, nothing really special. The G19 now sports Trijicon HD sights. Calling it an improvement would be a gross understatement. So one Glock down, three more to go...not today, mind you, as that would be a little to spicy on the wallet.

Is that tool universal or Glock specific?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
It was my first privately owned handgun. Wasn't my first pistol ever shot, but the first I've owned. It did go back to Glock Inc for the "trigger upgrade". The copper color parts got swapped out for the black color parts. I think that there might have been another "upgrade" after the black parts? Anyway, no recalls by Glock Inc. ever. Just "upgrades" even though the trigger stopped working if you left it on half-cocked for too long.

It is hard to believe I bought this over 30 years ago. Seems like yesterday. Gotta love that squishy trigger.

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
Is that tool universal or Glock specific?
Glock (angled sights) specific. I have four Glocks I want to do and at the rate my gunsmith charges it was cheaper (and easier) to buy the tool.

They make a universal tool, but I didn't have enough other pistols that I wanted to upgrade to fork over the extra $$$.

·
Premium Member
9,482 Posts
That's it. As of this PM all the Glocks have been upgraded to Trijicon HD sights. I'm happy with the sight tool, happy with the sights. I bought the tool to save money on gunsmith fees...and it did. But having it also accelerated the compulsion I have to finish what I started. I'm the world's biggest slacker...until I actually get started. I mean it's not like there was a rush. I've had the Gen 2 17 for something like 24 years. But suddenly is became very important to GET IT DONE. :lol:

I also got in my new holster for the G19. I've been using the Bravo Concealment mag carriers for a while now, I thought I'd finally try out one of their holsters.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Got a new Glock 48 just over a week ago. I have smaller hands, so it is awesomet o have a singlestack Glock. And, it is not "too thin" like the Shield and XDe are. Perfect thickness...

281 - 300 of 304 Posts