FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is not the best picture I have ever taken, I use the shotgun method of photography. This is m S&W Model 58, the finest social revolver ever made! (Or, it would be if they loaded proper ammunition for it).

·
Registered
8 Posts
29-5 Magna Classic dressed in Herrett's Jordan Trooper stock made of French walnut, Weigand base.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Colt Trooper Mk III's, 6 in. w/ Herrett's and 4 in. w/ Hogue's

Colt Official Police's, .38 Special. 4 and 5 inch models, manufactured in 1943, new in boxes

Colt Official Police, .38 Special. 5 inch, manufactured in 1957

Colt Police Positive Special, .38 Special. 6 inch, manufactured in 1947

Colt Police Positive Special, .38 Special. 4 inch, manufactured in 1921

That's the highlights of the collection. There's a few more Official Police's and 2 Army Special's that I haven't photographed yet. On the S&W side, there's a Model 57 and Pre-Model 10 M&P.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Super Blackhawk with some Barnes fodder....

To dskjl -

If that snubbie is a 44 special....I am pretty sure we cant be friends....lol

THAT IS SWEET!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,657 Posts
Top to Bottom:
Smith 500 8 3/4"
Smith 500 2" snubby
Smith 629 44 mag Crimson trace(Magna port, jewel trigger/hammer)
Smith 686 357mag
Taurus Judge 410 / 45 long colt

SW 360PD w/ crimson trace 357magnum

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
How's the recoil on that 500 snubby? :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,657 Posts
djv38 said:
How's the recoil on that 500 snubby? :eek:
Funny you should ask as I just took it out last week with my ps90,fiveseven and fired the 3 for the first time.

The reduced load 1400 fps 350gr. JHP, was quite enjoyable. about the same as a 44mag. Now when I stepped up to the 1900fps 325gr, It almost hurt my hand(not my wrist). Kind of like when you hit a rock with a baseball bat. Anybody, and I have personally heard a few, who claim you could break your wrist shooting the stubby, is smoking dope. Granted I am a bigger guy 6'3" 250lbs, but my buddy who is about 180lbs had no trouble. The barrel did rise a little, but nothing to be concerned about leaving sight marks in your forehead. :? Accuracy at 25yds was pretty good as I kept all shots on paper and most within a few inches of the target.

I am considering using it as my conceal carry as the extra weight (5lbs ish) won't bother me. Its just a ***** finding a holster. I figure the shear size would be a hell of a deterent. My saying is "If it breathes, my snubby could kill it" Bear, rhino, cow, squirrel.... It doesn't matter, I predict one shot, one kill!! It just might be hard explaining to a jury why the exit wound is big enough to put your arm through. :lol:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Here are my wheel guns. On top is a S&W 686 Plus, 7 shot 357/38. Next is a S&W 386 PD, 7 shot 357/38. and last but not least is my S&W 340 SC, 5 shot 357/38. The 386PD is going to have some work done and have the conversion for full moon clips.

http://www.moonclips.com/default.asp

[/URL]

[/img]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm sure to catch grief about this but I just went and picked up my Taurus 44SS6 .44 mag yesterday...here it is along side my SA XDm 9:

The stock grips a re terrible! To small for my hands and skinny as well, I have a set from Hogue on order (monogrips). It's off today to my gunsmith to get the trigger smoothed out...can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well....guess I can make fun of myself, the Taurus went back, what a pile of crap! The build was garbage, this fit and finish was terrible and the thing has a cylinder lock problem. I plopped down the extra $185 and got this fella:

.44 Ruger Super Redhawk...build like a freaking tank, should have bought this one in the first place. At first I really didn't like the looks...funny enough it's starting to grow on me though (not sure why).

I guess I look at it this way, the Ruger has amazing grips and included scope mounts, something that would have ran me an extra $75 for the Taurus (grips and mount). Figuring the Ruger was $699, the Taurus $529, adding $75 to the Taurus only puts it some $100 less than the Ruger and that price is WELL worth the better build quality.

1 - 20 of 295 Posts