FN Herstal Firearms banner

241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have any of you revolver guys sent a gun to Smith and Wesson for a tune-up and re-blue? If so, how was the quality of their work?

I have a 29-3 with an 8 3/8" barrel, target trigger and hammer and the factory scope rail. The previous owner neglected it and it has some pitting and extensive holster wear.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have any of you revolver guys sent a gun to Smith and Wesson for a tune-up and re-blue? If so, how was the quality of their work?

I have a 29-3 with an 8 3/8" barrel, target trigger and hammer and the factory scope rail. The previous owner neglected it and it has some pitting and extensive holster wear.
I'm thinking I'd find a good smith before I sent it to S&W.. not heard good things about their CS.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ruger Toklat 454
Ruger Alaskan 454

Ruger Alaskan 454
Ruger Super Redhawk 454

My 357 Magnums:
S&W 627 PC 8 shot
S&W 586 L-Comp 7 shot
S&W 640
Ruger GP100 4" and 6"
Kimber K6S

Lineup of "Snubby"
Alaskan 454
S&W PC 586 L-Comp
Kimber K6S
S&W 640

Lineup with everything including a S&W 460 XVR and S&W 500.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I have always liked revolvers. I stayed with 357 Magnum, until one of my best friends sold me his S&W PC 629 Hunter. Then I got hungry for more and more calibers beyond the 357. Now, I have a few 454 Casull revolvers, a 460, and a 500.
Suddenly my meager stash of revolvers seems really lacking! That's quite the wheelie lineup. :?

·
Registered
783 Posts

I was a Smith and Wesson fan for a long time, carrying a 640.

But I have been enamored by the Kimber K6s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was going to get one of those, but I can't figure out if it goes in the Kimber family picture or the Wheel Gun one ??? LOL

241 - 260 of 297 Posts