FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A police officer chasing a suspect entered Bianca Alakson's fenced-in backyard the other day. When her 10-month-old Labrador-mix puppy ran toward the Redford Township, Ohio, officer, he shot the dog twice, killing it. Alakson's boyfriend, Ryan Showalter, ran outside and demanded to know why. He was arrested for interfering with an investigation.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
He was arrested for interfering with an investigation
was arrested for interfering with an investigation
arrested for interfering with an investigation
for interfering with an investigation
interfering with an investigation
with an investigation
an investigation

investigation

an investigation
with an investigation

for interfering with an investigation
shot for interfering with an investigation
was shot for interfering with an investigation
10-month-old Labrador-mix puppy
was shot for interfering with an investigation

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
But after shooting the puppy did he still chase the bad guy?
If he took the time to arrest somebody for them questioning why he shot the dog, probably not. Sounds like the officer in question wanted an excuse as to why he stopped chasing the perp, and "defending himself" from the dog, fit the bill. "Having to" arrest somebody for "interfering" also probably helped.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hmmmmm..... Sad. Was stopped the other day in a "click it or ticket zone".... My wife and I were the only occupants of my truck; Both wear seat belts, both had them on.

The officer approached my window told me to provide him with my drivers license, registration, and ins. I said yah; why did you stop me? He then screamed for me to provide the said items; to which I replied yah, I will; but you will tell me why you stopped me. I do have rights. At this point he had blood veins popping out red faced scolded me again telling me he needed to know whom he was speaking to..I said well if you don't have a reason am I free to go...He lost it again..To which I asked him calmly, if he was having a bad day? All the while we were interacting I was getting my paperwork out... I said perhaps you should talk with some one.... He was wearing a camera...Badge said chief...As I hand him the paper work; he says a spotter said my passenger was not wearing her seat belt! I said he needs to start eating carrots.. With my drivers lic I hand him my ccp... He then asks if I have a gun.. I said absolutely.. He then has a fit because I did not tell him when he first arrived at the window...That was what I was to say....Not why am I being stopped...I told him no I don't think so...You were informed in a convenient manner. It would not have ended well if I told you I have a gun when you first walked up...Somebody must have really given you a bad time huh? You should really talk with someone about it. To which he stomped off back to his cruiser... Came back with my paper work and said he would take our word for it...seat belt; to which I smiled...

Seat belt enforcement area...Nothing more than an excuse to pull over any citizen for nothing... Fishing expedition...It is simply not right.

I would be ashamed of myself....

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ironminer, This makes me think of the opening scene to Super Troopers, for some reason...

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Hmmmmm..... Sad. Was stopped the other day in a "click it or ticket zone".... My wife and I were the only occupants of my truck; Both wear seat belts, both had them on.

The officer approached my window told me to provide him with my drivers license, registration, and ins. I said yah; why did you stop me? He then screamed for me to provide the said items; to which I replied yah, I will; but you will tell me why you stopped me. I do have rights. At this point he had blood veins popping out red faced scolded me again telling me he needed to know whom he was speaking to..I said well if you don't have a reason am I free to go...He lost it again..To which I asked him calmly, if he was having a bad day? All the while we were interacting I was getting my paperwork out... I said perhaps you should talk with some one.... He was wearing a camera...Badge said chief...As I hand him the paper work; he says a spotter said my passenger was not wearing her seat belt! I said he needs to start eating carrots.. With my drivers lic I hand him my ccp... He then asks if I have a gun.. I said absolutely.. He then has a fit because I did not tell him when he first arrived at the window...That was what I was to say....Not why am I being stopped...I told him no I don't think so...You were informed in a convenient manner. It would not have ended well if I told you I have a gun when you first walked up...Somebody must have really given you a bad time huh? You should really talk with someone about it. To which he stomped off back to his cruiser... Came back with my paper work and said he would take our word for it...seat belt; to which I smiled...

Seat belt enforcement area...Nothing more than an excuse to pull over any citizen for nothing... Fishing expedition...It is simply not right.

I would be ashamed of myself....

You handled it like a champ. Good work.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
It's a violation of their 4th Amendment...unlawful seizure. A civil attorney should take the case, and will win.
One would hope. This might make me seem like I'm crazy, but I love my dogs like family members. I'm not sure what kind of reaction I'd have if this happened on my property. I could only hope that it would happen while I was not there as I'm afraid I'd probably react in a fashion that might end up horribly.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
a while back as I was closing the gate at a cell site out in the country a couple of dogs came up to my truck, and one of them had his teeth bared. I froze for a second but didn't panic. turns out the dog was getting ready to sneeze. funny as hell to see that but I wonder how one of these trigger happy dog phobic cops would have reacted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts