FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
1- I hate when they show us things we will never get.

2- seeing as how Scar barrel assemblies cost a kidney I don't know if I'd want one to shoot Russian steel out of almost exclusively.

3- I'd probably get one any way because I'm dumb when it comes to Scars and Scar mods.

A fool and his Scar will soon part ways with his money... Isn't that how the saying goes? :-D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Wasn't the 7.62x39 part of the modularity plan all along for the 17s?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wasn't the 7.62x39 part of the modularity plan all along for the 17s?
You shouldn't need the 17 size receiver for 7.62x39. That cartridge is barely longer than 556 NATO's OAL.

I was contemplating getting a Beretta ARX for the 7.62x39 conversion kit, but if that ships...

H

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
That just looks wrong. But yeah, agree with Kam and Jim; the SCAR parts are too expensive to be shooting sh\t ammo out of and the kit alone is likely the cost of a premium AK, so what the hell is the point unless you are an operator operating in operations?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i try not to post to much, just read. i do read alot though and the first post on the link made me go ? i see handle as second rate by what ive read here. Actually by what ive read here i dont see how they are even in business. i dont see a company like FN getting involved with them but you go look at thier website and there is something interesting at the bottom

the video at the bottom Videos | Handl Defense

connected? and what the hell is the mk.17 improvement program?

·
Registered
419 Posts
A 7.62x39 kit would cost over twice as much as my entire WASR-10 outfit. I see how this makes sense for in-theatre types, but for a US consumer, it doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is exactly what I have been waiting for.
As big a fan as I am of the AK rifle, it does lack the modularity needed in today's world.
The prospect of keeping the 7.62x39 and possibly the best assault rifle magazine ever fielded....well...
With the quality of FN's barrels and the ability to mount quality optics, you would be looking at solid 500 to 600yrd gun.
Combine that with ammo cheaper than either 5.56mm or 7.62x51mm. Whats not to like.
Dont make the mistake of thinking that because ak ammo is cheap that it will destroy a barrel or not shoot true enough to get the job done.
I fore one, think this could breath some needed life into FN's lack luster military sale of the scar16.

Good for them. Lets hope we see some civilian sales of either a kit or complete rifle.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Top 3 U.S. consumer target groups for a SCAR 7.62X39.

1. Red Dawn Peppers
2. Mall Ninjas
3. FNH Collectors

I'd buy one to put in my safe just because its an FN SCAR, as well as, any other OEM future caliber releases: 6.8 SPC, 300BO, 338FED, 458SOCM, etc...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts