FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the range yesterday afternoon, something odd happened with my sweeet FNP-9.....

Something in my pea brain clicked, and I began getting some really good groups, and that is new for me. I have right at 1000 rounds through this gun, and I am still looking for the right grip and trigger control (newbie!).

All of a sudden, I began hitting the 10 ring, and even blew out the 10 ring on one target from 10 yards. Good shootin' for me!

I have never had a hiccup- no FTE, no FTF, but it does not like Wolf ammo- it cycles slowly and ejects just off my left elbow.

YMMV, but I'm diggin it!

Shootemup

Sorry, no pics- cam is dead....

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Sometimes it just takes a while. It took me over 800 rounds before I got good with my USPc (I have almost 3k thru it now)

·
Banned
24 Posts
That's a great point. I have a Sig P228 that I was OK with....until 700 rounds - then it just clicked! I'm itching to get my first FNP...hope it shoots nice.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still Sweet!

Yes sir!

I took a lesson from a member at USSA (http://www.usshootingacademy.com/) on trigger control and that really rocked my world.

Groups improved, and consistency really improved, but time slowed down considerably. I am now in the time where repetition, muscle memory, concentration, and more repitition bring greater speed. Who was it that said, "smooth is fast"....

We shot reactive steel and steel motion targets. I was embarassed the first time I shot them- so different than paper targets. But so much more fun!

Still no hiccups, no FTE, no FTF, no ejected shells down my shirt or behind my glasses.... how could you ask for more? :shock:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: Still Sweet!

shootemup said:
Still no hiccups, no FTE, no FTF, no ejected shells down my shirt or behind my glasses.... how could you ask for more? :shock:
I'm always getting shell cases in my right front jeans pocket (caroming off the partition in the indoor range). It's like self-serve souvenirs!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: Still Sweet!

JustRick said:
shootemup said:
I'm always getting shell cases in my right front jeans pocket (caroming off the partition in the indoor range). It's like self-serve souvenirs!
Rick get a trap or skeet shooters pouch and wear it on your right side then while your shooting and it might save you sweeping up the empty brass. Now if ya don't want them let me know I'll be glad to pick it up for ya. I can make Moose and Squirrel loads out of them.
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts