FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Handl Defense has clearly reverse engineered the Stryker Enterprises Scar Optimized Alloy Magazine Release. No further comment needed, as most people know the claims that have been made by a certain "advisor", I just wanted point out that Handl Defense has clearly reverse engineered a Stryker Enterprises product. Mods, feel free to lock if you deem necessary. Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Air gun

·
Banned
45 Posts
looks different to me, unless i am missing something...

this is the firearms industry, everyone is going to have same idea and slightly different ways of solving the same problems while them. I would even think about doing that mag release a bit differently. think about the AR market and how similar so many of the products are. as long as these companies are continuing to innovate and improve the ergonomics of these weapons system, we all win!

·
Banned
45 Posts
the shape is slightly different as well, i am not "defending" handl. I just think an extended mag release is not a novel, new idea and has been used on a million other platforms before stryker "engineered" theirs or handl as you see it "reverse engineered there solution for the scar.

they are two companies that have a few similar products, yet you all defend strykers (which is fine and your opinion). i am not going to jump into the whole alloy lower thing as it is not a fair or complete argument because only one company actually has a product that has been released as of this moment.

there is only so much space to fill for the mag release on the right side. and now you, the consumer has TWO options instead of one. you can buy either one you like. texture and feel is huge! look at grips on pistols. they only real difference is slight size and texture. i could give a **** who's you buy, the money is not coming or going into my pocket. I will sit back and enjoy my freedom to choose ( which I myself have fought and bled for).

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Looks like they changed the shape of the Bolt Catch / Release Support . I guess these days you should just be glad they don't use your name and packaging , that's about all a patent is good for. Just have to rely on your reputation, construction and supporters of your co.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
A company operating out of a residential garage with a (C-) BBB rating cannot be taken seriously.

Handl Defense LLC Business Review in Auburn, WA - Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington BBB

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...0x549058c5a7252c01:0x601e3d283fd1b7d5!6m1!1e1

From the BBB complaint:

I sent Handl my existing lower and internals and paid extra for their parts swap service and warranty. The lower I received did not function or fit as advertised. When I began the exchange process is when the customer service levels dropped and communication became very difficult.
None of the mags drop free when the releases are pressed, they have to be removed manually. Unlike the original mags in the original lower, they drop free when the release is pressed
As my notes below and our previous conversation noted, I also had other problems with the magnesium lower, the 16th inch gap at the barrel lug, the 32nd inch gap between the upper and lower, the loose fitting lower basically flopping around, mags not seating, not dropping free, excessive wear on a supposedly new lower, etc, etc.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Duh, and the point is that apparently Handl didn't notice until after Stryker released the SOAMR.

EDITED to add: I think the OP was posting tongue in cheek anyway. Mocking Handl's ridiculous and thoroughly disproven reverse-engineering claims against Stryker.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Oh Boy, Can't wait to here what folks are going to say about the PMM Mag release I am getting ready to launch.
~jrod.
As it has been said it is by no means a novel or patented idea. Hell handl came out with an aftermarket lower far sooner than anyone else had, so that claim could also be made for handl. The more products on the market the better!

I don't own a single handl product nor do I ever plan to, but there are products they released long before anyone else.

Same could be said for charging handles and stocks for many other companies outside of FNF... I am not trying to be a dik I am just trying to give a reality check

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree that the extended magazine release is not a new or novel idea. My question is, why is it so similar? Stryker Enterprises had to keep the shape round at the front of the SOAMR to make it compatable with the SEAL. Handl defense did not need to do that. There are several designs that could have been used, yet they choose a shape that 95% matches Stryker Enterprises?

Reactions: SONYtec and STL

·
Banned
616 Posts
There are several designs that could have been used, yet they choose a shape that 95% matches Stryker Enterprises?
Maybe because that shape provides the most tactile surface area where desired while minimizing excess material and sharp corners where unnecessary? Or maybe some Handl ninja snuck into the Stryker laboratories and stole the secret plans to the death star, what do I know...

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
As it has been said it is by no means a novel or patented idea. Hell handl came out with an aftermarket lower far sooner than anyone else had, so that claim could also be made for handl. The more products on the market the better!

I don't own a single handl product nor do I ever plan to, but there are products they released long before anyone else.

Same could be said for charging handles and stocks for many other companies outside of FNF... I am not trying to be a dik I am just trying to give a reality check
March 2011: First commercially offered trigger module for the SCAR 7.62 platform that accepts the Magpul 7.62 PMag was offered by Stryker Enterprises, and the S.E.A.L. evolved from this point, based on requests that were not made public.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe because that shape provides the most tactile surface area where desired while minimizing excess material and sharp corners where unnecessary? Or maybe some Handl ninja snuck into the Stryker laboratories and stole the secret plans to the death star, what do I know...
So what you're telling me is that is the only shape possible with all of Handl Defenses technology, 150 years of design experience and multiple SOCOM advisors?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are wheels round?
Seriously,thats your response? Are wheels round.....are you kidding me? They parade around claiming technological, engineering superiority and use the most advanced materials. Yet they follow Strykers design almost to a T?

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
The SOAMR is void of "sharp corners". You should try one yourself and you'll realize the same.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.