Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your Ohio stuff here.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dayton Hara Arena show is tomorrow 8-6-2011. Usually a decent show :?

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headline: Camp Perry is on target with national shooters

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7938

The News-Herald of Willoughby, OH has published an excellent article on the World Series of shooting sports that occurs here in the Buckeye State each and every summer.

From the article:

The light popping sound was coming from slow-moving lead projectiles released from their brass prisons and sent sailing down steel tubes.

Looking at the long row of nearly 200 rimfire shooters indicated each person on this relay was engrossed in the paper targets set 50 meters away.

To heck with a pesky reporter snooping around, trying to find out why a person is so willing to dress up in tight-fitting leather jackets that overlay skin-gripping synthetic undergarments designed to "wick away" moisture.

All in 90-degree heat.

Yet young, old, civilian, military, men, women and kids all flock to the shores of Lake Erie for five weeks each summer.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
:shock:

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Open Carry Picnic Sunday - Cleveland Heights

http://www.ohioccw.org/201109154978/open-carry-picnic-sunday-cleveland-hieights.html

WHERE: Cleveland Heights' Forest Hills Park (see map below -- click "Read More")
WHEN: 12:30pm until about 2:30pm
WHO: You and anyone else you want to bring. Kids welcome. Its a park!
WHAT: The Open Carry picnic is similar to an open carry walk, but instead of having a walk we've reseved the pavillions in Cleveland Heights and we're going to cook out hot dogs! Come join us!
ARMED: Sure. You're welcome to come carrying OPENLY or if you prefer, concealed. Come join us for a GREAT social event and help us make a point. Local news media is expected to attend in some fashion.
FOOD: We're going to grill out hotdogs FREE for anyone who wants to show up. You're welcome to bring snacks to share or anything else. (See the forums link below to see what others are bringing).
RSVP: Give us an idea of anticipated turn out for hot dogs. Simply click here to go to our Discussion Forums and cast a vote in the poll.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello from Fairfield, Ohio!

·
Registered
612 Posts
+1 on this ^^^^^ I'd like to know as well. I'm from Lorain.

In addition are there any suppressor shoots in ohio or nearby coming up soon that I could go to?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, I have good news on this front, I recently found an FFL Class III in North Olmstead, west of Cleveland. It's called Republic Firearms Center, It's small but they accept transfers for class iii and sell their own class iii items as well. They charge a flat $50 for transfers and do demos if your interested in buying something. They just request you give them a call to set something up.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mag ban in Ohio?

Copied this off the ammunitionstore.com web site....

"
Ohio
- CincinnatiNo ammunition feeding devices over 10 rounds for a rifle and 15 rounds for a handgun.
- ClevelandNo ammunition feeding devices over 20 rounds for center fire and 30 rounds for .22 cal.
- ColumbusNo ammunition feeding devices over 20 rounds for center fire.
- DaytonNo ammunition feeding devices over 10 rounds for a rifle and 20 rounds for a handgun. "

I have NEVER seen or heard of such a thing..... Is it true?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Copied this off the ammunitionstore.com web site....

"
Ohio
- CincinnatiNo ammunition feeding devices over 10 rounds for a rifle and 15 rounds for a handgun.
- ClevelandNo ammunition feeding devices over 20 rounds for center fire and 30 rounds for .22 cal.
- ColumbusNo ammunition feeding devices over 20 rounds for center fire.
- DaytonNo ammunition feeding devices over 10 rounds for a rifle and 20 rounds for a handgun. "

I have NEVER seen or heard of such a thing..... Is it true?
Yes this is right and Ohio has 32 round mag in a gun makes the gun full auto. you can have 100 beta mag. But if you put that into a gun that gun becomes full auto. 30 round mag in a gun is ok but 35 round mag for a GAIL is full auto in the Gail in the state. Cincinnati has done great with the limit of rounds there is only 7-8 shooting a week now! before round limits there was only about 2 monthly. Dayton is getting bad to just not as bad as Cincinnati it is a hell hole.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe that is old information. At least for Dayton anyways. Dayton used to have an assault weapon ban and used to require folks to apply for a firearms owner identification card prior to purchasing a firearm. Those are no longer in affect. The information in the table above for Dayton is an extract from the Municipal Code that defined an assault weapon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hello from Cincy! Anyone from here go to Point Blank Shooting Range in Blue Ash?
Point blank is great. I highly recommend.

To the other posters - the only magazine restriction in Ohio that applies now is the 31+ magazine when it is inserted into a firearm.

State law trumps local laws in regards to gun control. Locals cannot set restrictions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will agree on Point Blank. 5.7 is allowed there. :) Anyone want to meet there and blow some lead? ...Teddy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts