FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice .30-06 platform!

Ohio Ordinance Works has been busy preparing their new HCAR for release. Originally debuted in 2013, reports from Bearing Arms indicate that the rifle will be heading to production soon.

The HCAR or “Heavy Combat Assault Rifle” is a modernized and improved Browning Automatic Rifle that Ohio Ordinance Works has been producing for over 20 years. Notable improvements include bolt-hold-open, increased magazine capacity, lighter weight, and ergonomic selector switch.

Pictures are courtesy Soldier Systems:

More: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/08/ohio-ordinance-works-hcar-modernized-bar/

·
Registered
876 Posts
That's so bad ass. If I won the lotto an original full auto BAR is on my list.....actually I would by two and see if these guys could convert it to the updated version. The 30.06 cartridge is pure American over-powered awesomeness.

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
That looks pretty damn awesome. I'll add it to my lengthy list of things I don't need...but really, really want.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Interesting.

I wonder how it will hold up with them lightening up the receiver.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sorry to thread necro, but I really want to talk about this rifle...

First, it has me drooling and I am really considering selling my rifle (which I absolutely love) to be able to afford this thing's $4600 pricetag.

Second, it is damn near exactly what I wanted to make my dream rifle into. I wanted to take an old BAR, whack off a lot of the barrel to shorten it, and find a way to add rail space. This thing is actually superior to that dream.

Third, does anyone know for 100% certainty whether or not this is a piston operated rifle?

Fourth, I would love to know what its overall length is.

Fifth, and this is the big one, IF THEY CAN MAKE 30 ROUND 30-06 MAGS, WHY CANT ANYONE MAKE A RELIABLE MAG FOR 308 FOR MORE THAN 20 ROUNDS?

Reactions: P-Factor

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sorry to thread necro, but I really want to talk about this rifle...

First, it has me drooling and I am really considering selling my rifle (which I absolutely love) to be able to afford this thing's $4600 pricetag.

Second, it is damn near exactly what I wanted to make my dream rifle into. I wanted to take an old BAR, whack off a lot of the barrel to shorten it, and find a way to add rail space. This thing is actually superior to that dream.

Third, does anyone know for 100% certainty whether or not this is a piston operated rifle?

Fourth, I would love to know what its overall length is.

Fifth, and this is the big one, IF THEY CAN MAKE 30 ROUND 30-06 MAGS, WHY CANT ANYONE MAKE A RELIABLE MAG FOR 308 FOR MORE THAN 20 ROUNDS?
I'm with you brother! See if the following phone number can answer your question and wet your already dirty drawers a bit more! :?

Solsys LLC

13 Twilight Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065
518-429-7754
[email protected]

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
P Factor offered a good option but since this is an OHIO company and I have spoken with them and been watching this for the last few years I would tell you to go straight to the horses mouth for any info you need:

Exclusive Pre-Sale H.C.A.R. Package - OOW Line - Semi Auto - Guns

310 Park Drive
Chardon, Ohio 44024

Phone: 440.285.3481

[email protected]

I think this thing is the real deal:) Great folks over there at OOW.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I was out at a machine gun shoot the other year and a guy had a FN Model D (at least I think that is what it was... the guy said it was a Belgian BAR). It was odd sounding, but in a cool way. He had the rate of fire cranked up on it and it just seemed shorter in the barrel. I don't think it was cut down or anything, but it just gave me a different impression. The sound was so cool I had to walk over and ask what it was. I was surprised that it was a BAR variant before I actually saw it. My friend has a BAR that I have shot dozens of times but this gun was just awesome sounding. I have a video of the guy shooting it, but the sound doesn't come through the way it does in person.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Super cool and super badass but 4700 smackaroos is very hard for me to justify.
This is true, but I have a little more into my M1A, which is heavier, can't hold as many rounds per mag, and, well, it's a 308. I guess you could say a 30-06 is for all intents and purposes a .308 magnum, and the ammo, ZQI aside, is about the same price on gunbot and such. Plus the M2 armor piercing rounds that will defeat lvl 4 body armor aren't in the murky area of legality... seeing as there ARE a couple of .308 machine pistols on the market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts