FN Herstal Firearms banner

Oil/lube gold piston ?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Sig FN AMG 
#1 ·
Mine came with one gold piston in the manual says light coat of oil on it but I've seen others say run dry and customer service from FN said that. what your guys's take that shot a lot of ammo ?

#8 ·
Quick question. Didn't want to start a new thread being this sub forum doesn't get much traffic. I got a piece of paper with the manual saying I would have a gold piston with a gold rim.. I did get a gold piston but it has a black rim. Any ideas ????

#9 ·
That's the heavy load piston. If you bought it new, you are may have gotten one that was supposed to have 2 Pistons. A heavy and a light. The light one has a red rim. If it came with the manual add-on page that talks about the gold piston, the factory, made an error. If it's used, the previous owner shorted you a piston.

#12 ·
I'd call FN and tell them up you got. Like I said, black rim is the heavy load piston. Red is light load and the gold is the single piston option. I got the gold with mine. But I went and purchased a sporting clay light piston. My sporting clay light has a gold keeper, but the spring is marked with a different paint color then the one that came with the gun.

FN may have an explanation for you. Or they just may send you a gold keeper piston.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.