FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This questions may have been asked before, so excuse me if it has :) . Why not to use teflon based oils? I used Birchwood Casey® Synthetic Gun Oil, I asked today to FN if this one is ok to use, they answerd yes but make sure to clean the frame. why clean the frame if any oil gets on it even if not teflon base? I have a SA XD .357 SIG they do not exclude teflon based oils, both are polymers.... Just curious.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Their feeling is that the teflon would break down the polymer in the frame if left on too long and in heavy concentrations.

Shipwreck sees it differently since the PS90 is all polymer and the manual says to use one brand in particular that actually contains the teflon.

I have some oil that I do not know if it has teflon in it or not, so I lightly oil the slide parts and barrel and then turn it upside down to store it for awhile to make sure that the oil doesn't drip downward onto the frame. Then I wipe off any excess just to be sure.

You would think that most polymers would be the same, so if you can use it on one FN gun (and GLOCKs), it would be OK on the handguns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts