FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how do you lube your FNX?
What products do you use? (I know Ford vs Chevy but I still like to know what everyone else is using)

I lube mine a lot like a Glock, less is more.
  • Small drop on the barrel then rub all over the barrel, small drop on the flat surface of the barrel where the unlocking block meets the barrel
  • very small drop on each of the four slide rails on the frame
  • one drop in the trigger assembly (still debating this one) on top of the springs visible when looking down into the frame
  • then some oil on a bore mop for the bore

I use FrogLube on the external part of the slide and the hammer (I like the look and feel of it) but to do the actual lubrication I use Slipstream and Mil-Pro 7 for cleaning. Still not to sure about using only FrogLube for lubricating the whole gun, to old school I guess.

You?

Jeep

·
Registered
166 Posts
Using Hoppes gun oil I oil like the manual says which is about the same as all auto pistols. Can't break my normal old routine after cleaning guns the same way for over 46 years. I bet Frog Lube is good stuff but just can't bring myself to break the old habit that's worked fine for so long.

Reactions: Jeff_in_FL

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my FNX 45 to the range the first time this past weekend and put 100 rounds through it. Lubed it with Hoppes on the spots the manual said to with a qtip before and after I cleaned it after the range.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Im too new to know whats best. Or even good for that matter. However, I have M-Pro 7, Hoppes and GunSlick Pro Ultra lube on my shelf. Which one should I be using???

·
Registered
150 Posts
As long as you get ALL of the petrochemicals out of the firearm, froglube works extremely well. The more you use it the better it performs for you. Just a wipe and most of the "cleaning" is done. I also really like the solvent. I have kids, bio based is preferable. I wanted to dislike it, but have been very pleased- put it on all new purchases out the gate and reverted old rifles over to it. If applied properly it is slick, zero malfunctions, and clean up is a breeze. I've tried just about everything out there. Most brands work just fine. FL just makes clean up easier and is safe on skin. In cold weather, do not apply heavy amounts for all you "run wet" guys. These are my findings, yours may differ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im too new to know whats best. Or even good for that matter. However, I have M-Pro 7, Hoppes and GunSlick Pro Ultra lube on my shelf. Which one should I be using???
All lubes, oils, cleaners do the job. It eventually comes down to Ford vs Chevy, Pepsi vs Coke.... Just as long as you use them I think they all work just fine.

Minor differences would be if you are running you gun in cold temps (somewhere below 40 degrees F) some of the thicker lubes/greases will start to gum up and running in really hot and/or humid conditions some of the lighter oils (RemOil for example) will actually run off and leave your gun dry.

Everyone has their favorite and often becomes a flame war on how "my oil is gooder than yer oil".....

Reactions: Cheef

·
Registered
62 Posts
The products used are not nearly as important as the procedure. That said, I switched over to Frog lube on everything now about a year or so ago. Even my edged weapons (carbon) are stored with a coat of the stuff. Quite like that Frog lube.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was having FTE issues with my FNX 9, I started using CorrosionX for Guns and haven't had an issue since. I like my gun wet though. I put about 400 rounds through it every month though. I clean the barrel with Hoppes bore solvent, and the rest of the gun with CorrosionX for Guns. It's been a winner of a solution since then. I buy CorrosionX for all my metal lubrication and protection needs. It's what we use to service the inner mechanisms of safes!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts