1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
4,440 Posts
That looks great ship! A couple of M4's would look right at home! :D

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hkuspc9 said:
Looks like someone has been stocking up on ammo....smart man, get it while you can. That PS90 looks lonely though, it needs another rifle to keep it company in there. :D
Yea, I have quite a bit. I had it on a shelf - but I decided to put it all in the safe. I had a locked closet with security hinges - but with my son, I decided to get the safe so no disasters will happen.

I have 2100 rounds of 5.7, a bunch of 9mm JHP and FMJ and some 40 S&W for my newest 40 cal PX4. Plus, a bunch of 22 for my buckmark.

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, U have no idea how much of a circus it was at Lowe's to buy it this Sat - and to get it pulled off the sales floor and put back in the receiving dept for delivery. There was only 1 wrapped up in the box. And two floor models that were SUPER dirty.

I did not want the floor displays. It took me about 90 min to buy this and get it back to receiving. I pretty much brought it back there myself. Geeze!

It was only $397 at Lowes.

I prev had everything locked in a closet - but I'm worried that as my son gets older, I may not remember to lock it all the time. Not so much an issue when I was without a child - I left the guns all over the house back then.

But with my son - he's just starting to scoot around in his walker - and he will be walking on his own soon. I can't afford to make a mistake even 1 time.

My wife keeps pushing me to sell my guns. I had to use money I would have used to buy a new gun to pay for this. That's why I put it off so long.

I really was going to wait until the end of the year, but seeing him scoot all over the house, and also having a 911 incident last week when he choked - I decided to get it ASAP. I bought iT Sat and they delivered it today.

I could have gotten one at Wal-Mart for $180 3 weeks after Christmas - it was left over holiday stock, and it was a $300 safe for that price. Awesome deal. However, it was really made for all rifles.

I needed shelves. I only have 1 rifle and 7 handguns. I needed the shelving space.

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, with my HK USPc in there - I have 2 spaces left on the rack (my Five Seven is in a small gunvault). When I fill that up, I could always lay that small Keltec 32 on its side on a shelf. So, room for 3 more handguns - after that - I'll just start doublestacking the ammo.

I cycle thru it in a certain order, as I shoot and replace it with new ammo. So, I wanted it easily accessible. But, I have room to doublestack it if need be.

· Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I will probably only be buying handguns. My USPc wasn't in that photo. And, my Five Seven is in a gunvault. So, I have room for 2 more. After that, I can always lay that Keltec 32 on a shelf. So, that makes room for 3 more. After that - I'd have to doublestack the ammo to make a bit more room.

I have quite some time before I run outta room....

I can even lay some spare 45 ammo next to the PS90. When I get a 45 later this year, I'll keep some extra 45 ammo.

· Banned
4,055 Posts
Thats a freaking nice safe ShipWreck!! I want one!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.