FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
11,360 Posts
Where did you get the pistol rack? I need one for my pistols. They take up too much room just lying there.

All that ammo - nice storage can!

Glad you finally got the safe. Don't forget to bolt it down so it wont tip over.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like someone has been stocking up on ammo....smart man, get it while you can. That PS90 looks lonely though, it needs another rifle to keep it company in there. :D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
That looks great ship! A couple of M4's would look right at home! :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hkuspc9 said:
Looks like someone has been stocking up on ammo....smart man, get it while you can. That PS90 looks lonely though, it needs another rifle to keep it company in there. :D
Yea, I have quite a bit. I had it on a shelf - but I decided to put it all in the safe. I had a locked closet with security hinges - but with my son, I decided to get the safe so no disasters will happen.

I have 2100 rounds of 5.7, a bunch of 9mm JHP and FMJ and some 40 S&W for my newest 40 cal PX4. Plus, a bunch of 22 for my buckmark.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, U have no idea how much of a circus it was at Lowe's to buy it this Sat - and to get it pulled off the sales floor and put back in the receiving dept for delivery. There was only 1 wrapped up in the box. And two floor models that were SUPER dirty.

I did not want the floor displays. It took me about 90 min to buy this and get it back to receiving. I pretty much brought it back there myself. Geeze!

It was only $397 at Lowes.

I prev had everything locked in a closet - but I'm worried that as my son gets older, I may not remember to lock it all the time. Not so much an issue when I was without a child - I left the guns all over the house back then.

But with my son - he's just starting to scoot around in his walker - and he will be walking on his own soon. I can't afford to make a mistake even 1 time.

My wife keeps pushing me to sell my guns. I had to use money I would have used to buy a new gun to pay for this. That's why I put it off so long.

I really was going to wait until the end of the year, but seeing him scoot all over the house, and also having a 911 incident last week when he choked - I decided to get it ASAP. I bought iT Sat and they delivered it today.

I could have gotten one at Wal-Mart for $180 3 weeks after Christmas - it was left over holiday stock, and it was a $300 safe for that price. Awesome deal. However, it was really made for all rifles.

I needed shelves. I only have 1 rifle and 7 handguns. I needed the shelving space.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have almost the same one. I bought it at Home Depot, and FWIW the buying experience wasn't much better. Good value though.

Only problem is, it is already full and I need to go back for another one!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, with my HK USPc in there - I have 2 spaces left on the rack (my Five Seven is in a small gunvault). When I fill that up, I could always lay that small Keltec 32 on its side on a shelf. So, room for 3 more handguns - after that - I'll just start doublestacking the ammo.

I cycle thru it in a certain order, as I shoot and replace it with new ammo. So, I wanted it easily accessible. But, I have room to doublestack it if need be.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I will probably only be buying handguns. My USPc wasn't in that photo. And, my Five Seven is in a gunvault. So, I have room for 2 more. After that, I can always lay that Keltec 32 on a shelf. So, that makes room for 3 more. After that - I'd have to doublestack the ammo to make a bit more room.

I have quite some time before I run outta room....

I can even lay some spare 45 ammo next to the PS90. When I get a 45 later this year, I'll keep some extra 45 ammo.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm selling 2 guns (ordered the 3rd rack and stacker before I decided this) - so I probably have room now - but, not all are here, and I will get another 1911 next year - but anyway - I expanded for more handguns:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Thats a freaking nice safe ShipWreck!! I want one!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts