FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this talk about the 'less accurate FDE version' is just a joke right?

I am seeing this everywhere and just want to make sure I am getting the joke :)

I got the black so if it IS true, I am GTG :shock:

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET THE ACCURATE VERSION IS TO BUY ONE OF EACH COLOR:biggrin:
Oh man. The lady already has been asking when I'm gonna get a black 16 so she can get a stubby, MIAD, and rail panels cerakoted pink for it. :lol: she better not hold her breathe.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ok this one I DON'T believe!
It's all in good jest. Black & FDE use the exact same barrels. The only thing is the color. I prefer the FDE because everyone knows it's a Scar at the range. The black could be mistaken for an AR.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's all in good jest. Black & FDE use the exact same barrels. The only thing is the color. I prefer the FDE because everyone knows it's a Scar at the range. The black could be mistaken for an AR.

I would rather it be black for the exact same reason...everyone will think it's an AR and NOT ask me if they can fire it :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's a commonly known fact that the black ones are more accurate since they are made entirely of new parts. FDEs are leftovers from military contract rejects, hence the mismatched colors from all the different production lots. FDE owners are just pulling a common liberal move: ignoring facts and pretending that they are correct despite all the evidence to the contrary.

·
Registered
94 Posts
All Scar 17s start out the same color, which is green. They then go from larvae to cacoon stage, which is black. The healthy ones that hatch come out in a stunning aray of FDE variants, all perfectly stunning and complete.

The black ones that won't hatch are sold at a $200-$300 discount on the market. Try rubbing your black Scar vigorously with copious amount of lotion to stimulate hatching. If your wife catches you tell her it's ok...you read it on the internet.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
All Scar 17s start out the same color, which is green. They then go from larvae to cacoon stage, which is black. The healthy ones that hatch come out in a stunning aray of FDE variants, all perfectly stunning and complete.

The black ones that won't hatch are sold at a $200-$300 discount on the market. Try rubbing your black Scar vigorously with copious amount of lotion to stimilate hatching. If your wife catches you tell her it's ok...you read it on the internet.
Ive heard a lot of ridiculous theories over the last few years on this topic; but this is by far my favorite. :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts

The black ones that won't hatch are sold at a $200-$300 discount on the market. Try rubbing your black Scar vigorously with copious amount of lotion to stimilate hatching. If your wife catches you tell her it's ok...you read it on the internet.
Seems ligit. Good thing I got an already hatched one though!

Reactions: American Infidel

·
Registered
961 Posts
LOL. Here we go...again!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The Black versions come from the same factory with matched parts hence the same color scheme. The FDE version is assembled from 2 different places (some from Belgium and the rest in the US) and the parts are sourced from different companies, hence the non-matched colors due to the lowest cost bidder.

Only a few rare versions of FDE in matched color are matched parts and assembled correctly and therefore are up to the same standards as the Black version.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts