FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a rifle and some factory ammo, but I am going to start reloading as soon as I fire these.

Who are you getting your bullets from? Any favorites?

Also how has your brass life been? From what I can find to read it appears that this brass should last practically forever.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have tried a few

I usually load either the 40gr Vmax or the 40 gr Sierra HP (#1385) and have plans to try some of the 36gr Varmint Grenades. I have played with the 35gr Vmax but found the OAL to be a bit too short for my tastes. I also made up several hundred with 45gr Rem Sp for plinking but they are all gone and I like the 40gr Sierra better. So in my opinion for the money the Sierra Hp is the most bang for the buck ( around $11.50 a hundred).

Keith

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
We have a few serious reloaders of 5.7 on the site. I hope they come back to visit soon to answer some of these recent reloading questions.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The 40 grain Hornady V-max bullet is a very good projectile designed for only one aspect of terminal ballistics- which is to maximize damage to a target by deforming to control the depth to which the bullet penetrates. My favorite, other than the ones I Mfg. for now is the 40 grain Combined Technology Ballistic Silvertip Bullets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts