FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they all look awesome
3 questions:
1) any regrets after having done it? ever gone back to stock barrel after trying SBR? (this counts as 1 question for all the smart asses out there that think we can't count in AZ!)
2) any issues with using a can on it with an SBR and did you find a particular can worked better with SBR?
3) any accuracy issues suppressed or unsuppressed with the SBR?

so....after those....the LAST (and FOURTH, for those of you counting at home) question is:
HOW can I get that done out here in AZ?
thanks guys!!
CJ in AZ

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Getting it done is easy enough via trust.

1. Set up a trust (I used Silencer Shop, had the whole thing completed/notarized in an afternoon)...there are lots of options out there.
2. Once the trust is set up, efile the Form 1 on the ATF eForms site. There is a very easy to follow step by step on another site: google "eform 1 walkthrough"
3. Wait for stamp (30-45 days last I checked)
4. Buy new barrel (or have yours cut)...this was the most painful part. The FN barrel is pricey.
5. Install barrel...easy like Sunday morning

Somewhere in there you need to do the engraving. I usually do it while awaiting the stamps. Others say to wait. The choice is yours.

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
As to your other questions, I hope to be able to meaningfully answer those in a couple months. Until then, I can say that I have no regrets regarding SBRing the 16 or 17...other than the gaping hole in my bank account. But that will heal.

Reactions: Arizona CJ

·
Registered
71 Posts
they all look awesome
3 questions:
1) any regrets after having done it? ever gone back to stock barrel after trying SBR? (this counts as 1 question for all the smart asses out there that think we can't count in AZ!)
2) any issues with using a can on it with an SBR and did you find a particular can worked better with SBR?
3) any accuracy issues suppressed or unsuppressed with the SBR?

so....after those....the LAST (and FOURTH, for those of you counting at home) question is:
HOW can I get that done out here in AZ?
thanks guys!!
CJ in AZ
I don't have an SBR, but I have a trust and a Silencer and a really good local 3 dealer. If you are anywhere near Cochise County, I could steer you in the right direction, maybe. Chosin Firearms and Cycles in Huachuca City/Whetstone. Owner's name is Dean. Good dude. Sometimes his prices are a little higher than the bigger places, but that's mostly due to his distributor, but he's an honest dude, and will help get you what you need to the best of his ability, or tell you where you can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts