FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went with the 2.5-10 x42, and can't be happier with it. I wish it wasn't so heavy, but it's a trade-off I guess. Congrats on a beautiful set up! Can't wait to go out hunting with it!

Jerry

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So what was the circle, reasons for moving from one optic to another?
well start with a ta31rco... lightweight but fixed 4x was not enough. Got a NXS 2.5-10x32, like it but was bulky, got an elcan 1-4 really liked it but wanted more power, ended up with a Thor thermal, that didn't last long, got a mepro kdot liked it but wanted more X, found this new (old) NF 2.5-10x24. Lighter than the 32 but still has the 10x. This should hold me over for a while. ... :mrgreen: also considered March 1-10x24, Kahles 1-6x24, another elcan and the S&B 1-8.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bobro mount looks rock solid; nicely done with the NF!
I've had about every type of mount. Bobro is about all I use now. They are very good mounts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I did a similar thing. Trijicon TriPower, XTR 4-16x, Kahles 1.5-6, Zeiss ZPoint and finally my NF 2.5-10x42. This one seems to fit right for me. Congrats on the end of your hunt.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
282 Posts
well start with a ta31rco... lightweight but fixed 4x was not enough. Got a NXS 2.5-10x32, like it but was bulky, got an elcan 1-4 really liked it but wanted more power, ended up with a Thor thermal, that didn't last long, got a mepro kdot liked it but wanted more X, found this new (old) NF 2.5-10x24. Lighter than the 32 but still has the 10x. This should hold me over for a while. ... :mrgreen: also considered March 1-10x24, Kahles 1-6x24, another elcan and the S&B 1-8.
Haha, amazing. Your story sounds like mine. Elcan 1-4x. Love the optic but my eyes are bad and I didn't realize how problematic that is with the Elcan. Next was NF 2.5-10x32 with and without an Aimpoint T1 at 45 degrees. Now I'm about to lay down on for the Kahles. I'm keeping the NF though. I refuse to use anything under a 32mm objective unless it's Euro glass (S&B, Kahles, Sawro, Steiner....). High end glass makes a major difference for lowlight situations. I've settled on the Kahles it seems. At least I can swap both between platforms.

Congrats on the 10x24. Tough to find those new!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!! :shock:

Reactions: FullAssault
1 - 19 of 19 Posts