FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on here must have had some trigger time with the SCAR 16S.
I am interested to hear how it went and if you shot for some groups with an optic?

Thanks,
Cameron

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've fired both the -L and -H versions in June 07 and May 08. Was shooting on steel @ 100, 200 yds. They had low power variable optics on them. No issues staying on the steel in semi.
Was not able to put them on paper.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know FN is famous for making extremely accurate chrome lined barrels and I would love to hear what someone has done with an FN SCAR.

I have a couple of semi-auto .223/5.56 and the stainless lothar walther barrel will group less than half MOA (0.3) the chrome lined Colt is sub MOA (0.75) with match ammo.

I love the idea of a chrome lined SCAR that is sub 0.5 MOA...

Cameron

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I would be happy if someone would do a range report with any information or impressions as well as any information on accuracy.

Did the rifle, with provided magazine, perform without stoppages?

Really, it would be nice to see a couple reports in any format of what an owner thinks of the new rifle.

A couple of picture would be a big bonus too!

·
Registered
114 Posts
For the price many of this rifles sold for, if there were any reliability issues you would have heared the complains really loud already. :-D

I guess the new owners are perfectly happy with them and don't have any reliability isues.
:D

I'd like to see some range reports as well, but I'm sure they will come with more and more rifles being delivered.

·
Registered
631 Posts
if they shoot anyway near as well as my FNC it would be a great rifle

·
Registered
89 Posts
devildoc said:
At the price they paid for them, I'll be they are all safe queen's. :-D
I had mine since Feb. and I had every intention to shoot it, but I still can't get myself to put one round through it. A lot of them will be safe queens, but fortunately my friend is next in line to get his from special order which is not to long from now and he is going to shoot his. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind like I did or who knows, when I shoot his I will probably get mine out the safe to shoot. I will give feedback after we shoot his. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK - I just shot 60 rounds of 55 Grain Hornady TAP ammo and sighted her in today using an ACOG scope with a Doctor Optic battle sight.

At 100 yards - 1.0 inch groups using ACOG 4X scope

At 25 yards with Doctor sight - 1.0" groups all in bullseye.

NO issues at all with the rifle an NO recoil at all!

·
Registered
89 Posts
jsdkms said:
OK - I just shot 60 rounds of 55 Grain Hornady TAP ammo and sighted her in today using an ACOG scope with a Doctor Optic battle sight.

Thanks for the info. So it really feels that great to shoot.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Has anyone put glass intended for accuracy (Leupold 10X or something similar) on their SCAR to test accuracy?

I've never used an ACOG, but I'd imagine it isn't the best optic for accuracy work being only 4X.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The best groups I have achieved were about 1" at 50 yards. I was using a 2moa aimpoint, so given the set-up I was pleased. I don't own any other types of glass, or I would do a more formal test, but I am hoping to get to a local 650 yard range and see how well I can hit with it.

The issue of comfort was just brought up, and I will say this is the most comfortable rifle I own to shoot. The cheek weld is perfect and the recoil is very light when compared to an ar.

ETA: I was using federal xm193.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kooter Blaster said:
jsdkms said:

Thanks for the info. So it really feels that great to shoot.
Yes - It is that easy and comfortable to shoot! No recoil and back on target as there is no muzzle rise!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts