FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is my second post on the Forum. So I'm a happy owner of a ParaFAL and a FS2000. I have been trying to decide what backup weapon to keep in my war box in my Jeep. M4 Pistol or PS90. Gear in my war box is to help me get back home in worse case situations. Getting the PS90 means another caliber to stock. Pricey too. But I love the practicality of the design of the PS90. Yes I will SBR it post haste. I'm still studying posts re: the PS90 system and it's care and feeding. I'm open for any advice to avoid expensive mistakes.
It's good to be here!
Shannon

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
The PS90 is the bomb. Try to get your hands on a GEN 1 or GEN 2 with original trigger pack. They're pricier but well worth it...
All the packs will do the same job in the PS. Pull the trigger and it goes boom.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In what way does the original trigger pack improve pull?

Mine, which I believe are gen IIIs, have a pull that is reasonably light and smooth, but there is a mile of sear engagement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
CW3 - I recently bought mine on Gun Broker. There are sometimes some good deals. My railed model was 1050 and my factory Red dot model with an extra 50 round FN mag was 1400 or 1425. Both new.

If you want a red dot that factory red dot model seems to be a pretty good configuration. I really like the auto intensity setting it has. Plus it sits nice and low, and weighs about nothing. Down side is it is trickier to zero than something like an Aimpoint T-1. I can't speak to the durability of the FN red dot.

These are super fun to shoot. I don't know if I would consider them a very serious contender for SD use outside of the house, but definitely fun to shoot. I have only shot 550 or 600 rounds combined out of my PS 90s and 5.7 pistol, but all have been 100% reliable so far.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for the informative and entertaining replies. The PS90 was designed as a PDW even in the semi-auto role. Easy to conceal in a back pack with a sneaky bag for ammo and blowout kit etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Well you couldn't have known that trig packs ... at least the gen debate is the 3rd rail around here. To be politically & technically correct they only have collector value. You will have to leave it at that.
As far as the pit falls... I'm not a big fan of the AE40 gr that is prominent... but I do have a stash of it and shoot it almost exclusively at this point. I save the SS197,SS195,SS198 for whatever...
There are plenty of forum sponsors that can help you with accessories and mods ( Stryker Ind has short barrels being made now ) may be worth a look at that. M1Bullpup has a REM T3 reticle enhancer that if you stumble onto OEM optics may be of interest. Never the less there are alot of options and upgrades should you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Pitfalls???

Ammo, you'll need lots of ammo. Way too much fun to shoot. 50 rounds goes quick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found i ps90 with the white circle sight with one 30 round mag and three 50 round mags FN OEM and a case for $1500. This a reasonable buy? Not sure how good a sight this is. Comments greatly welcomed.
Shannon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 20 of 38 Posts