FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I use a wheeler fat wrench. Its a better one for what's needed on a firearm. Nothing is over 65" pounds. The one you listed is just a remarked ft lb wrench and not suited for firearms. That's why its 19$...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I use a wheeler fat wrench. Its a better one for what's needed on a firearm. Nothing is over 65" pounds. The one you listed is just a remarked ft lb wrench and not suited for firearms. That's why its 19$...
+1 - Wheeler Fat wrench - what we used while in the Army...and not just on the SCAR but all our precision rifles as well

·
Registered
841 Posts
If you want a quality versatile torque wrench that you can use for your SCAR and lots more, I recommend the CDI Torque 1501MRPH - it's a 1/4-Inch Drive Adjustable Micrometer Torque Wrench, Torque Range 20 to 150-Inch. this is the high quality and highly regarded Snap On brand, just under the original manufacturer's name.

Amazon.com: CDI Torque 1501MRPH 1/4-Inch Drive Adjustable Micrometer Torque Wrench, Torque Range 20 to 150-Inch: Home Improvement

Under $100 from Amazon. Free shipping if you're Prime.

A Torque Wrench is not something you want to skimp on. If it is important enough that it needs to be torqued to an accurate measurement, you need a tool that will (1) give you an accurate measurement so you're not over/under torquing due to calibration or quality (2) work properly every time so that you don't over-torque (needs a clean, easy to use break).

Buy it quality, buy it once...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I hate when I google things and the first one that comes up isnt even correct. So looks like ik gonna be Spending 80 to 100. Do you recommend an adjustable or just one set to 62"lbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts