FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to the forum. My good friend's fiancee' inherited this P35 from her father. It needs some work so I told him I'd look into repairing it. It gives me something to do and is cheaper than financing a new gun project myself.

Frame, slide and barrel all have the same serial # 22887. It has the PV (smokeless powder proof?) proof as well as the Belgian ELG proof with the letter F (date stamp?)

Some interesting things about it that I haven't seen mentioned yet in my research is a CB with a circle around it stamped on the right side of the trigger guard. Next to it is a 3 with the upside down L. Also on the barrel is hand engraved "Made In Belgium"

There is no place for the stock attachment and the rear sight is adjustable for windage only. Any input and or help on dating this fine pistol will be greatly appreciated. Here are some photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have any ideas on whether this is pre-war or post war? It's obviously not a Nazi model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
From what I'm thinking, your pistol is a pre war commercial model. the serial #s and production amounts are somewhat fuzzy at that period, but the Nazi proofed P35s seem to start in the 48 - 50,000 range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also asked for info on hipowertalk.com. A gentleman with the username gp35fn who has posted this really good informative thread gave me this answer: "it was made in Oct-Dec 1953 and the F proof is for Alexandre Lambert who was an inspector at FN from 1927-1953."

I would suggest anyone interested in these fine firearms (works of art) read this thread. gp35fn has really done his homework.

-Cheers!

Reactions: Smurky

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1953 contract hipower that looks similar. Nice shooter after adjusting the internal extractor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
36 Posts
JPEG 366, Most prewar HP’s went to the Belgian Army and are thoroughly proofed by them, photos of the pistols and all markings would likely bring about much information.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your pistol has civilian proof marks and with that serial number was probably made in early 1936. Somewhere along the way the mag disconnect was removed, I have never observed the barrel inscription and would think it is aftermarket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts