FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an old FN that was supposed to be a WWI bring back. I have no idea. Please tell me where I can go to check the age of this gun.
five digit serial number with lower case "a" at the end.

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
I just received an old FN that was supposed to be a WWI bring back. I have no idea. Please tell me where I can go to check the age of this gun.
five digit serial number with lower case "a" at the end.
What model?

Photos would help.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Any other markings???

·
Registered
129 Posts
You won't find a model number, your "BHP" was built at/by FN when it was occupied by the Germans during WWII...as I said, specifically 1943. That's based upon the 5 digit serial number with the lower case script "a" suffix which was introduced and used exclusively in 1943. Prior thereto the Germans had continued the Belgian serial number sequence...thereafter they switched to a lower case script "b" and began the serial number sequence all over again as they had with the "a". The Germans used the designation P640b for the FN BHP.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry sub-moa, I was away from my computer for a while. Thanks for the info though. I was going by what the nice old lady told me who really didn't know much about the gun. I'm actually happy its from WWII. I have a modest collection and everything is from WWII.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts