FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 6 hour round trip to pick this up......

Colt SP-1 AR-15 manufactured in the first full year of production, 1964.

This rifle was made before the "One Time Purchase" by the US Gov't in 1965 to arm the Army and USMC for Vietnam.

This rifle was made prior to the 1968 GCA....some guy walked into a hardware shop and paid his $100.00 and walked out with it.

I'd call it about 95%~97% condition. The Colt 3x scope shows more wear than the rifle does.

Non chromed bore, original one piece firing pin retainer, and hard chromed bolt.

I'm pretty happy...... :cool:

Post 1972 advertisement for the AR-15. The times, they've certainly changed.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Saw one like that on a history channel show about guns - the guy was handling it with white gloves on. Could be worth a fair amount of money.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Thanks for sharing...VERY NICE!!! :?

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's a nice one!
I shot the sh*t out of the one that I owned back in the 70's! I even shot the barrel out and replaced it. They are great guns!
It's rare to find one so nice.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Wow that is in great shape. I bet it is something to hold.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i had an oppurtunity to shoot one that was built in 1968 or 1969, it was very accurate and reliable, great find and very nice piece of history

·
Registered
408 Posts
Any guesses as to when a Colt AR-15 SP1 with a serial of SP41497 was made? There's one for sale here and they want $1500, seems to be in pretty good shape. What do ya think?

Zhur

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Zhurdan said:
Any guesses as to when a Colt AR-15 SP1 with a serial of SP41497 was made? There's one for sale here and they want $1500, seems to be in pretty good shape. What do ya think?

Zhur
Thanks guys. My buddy at the shop found the original serialized manual for it, along with the manual for the Colt scope....he's put it in the mail to me! :shock:

Zhur, serial # SP41497 was made in 1974. I think $1500 is a tad high, unless it's absolutely mint. $1100~$1200 would probably be a little more realistic, but that's for my area's market. Hope that helps. :?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts