FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though my PS90 is the coolest gun I have, I still have a fondness for the Old west. Here are a few of what I have.

Browning 1885 High Wall 45-70
Winchester 38-55
12 ga Coach Gun
1872 Open Top 38colt
Birdshead Lightning 38 colt
Schofield 45 colt
Ruger 45 colt
Any one else collect these.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Neat collection! Looks like a load of fun.

Nice wood on that winchester!

The 1885 is one of my all time favorite rifles. I know a guy who has an octagonal barrel winchester 1885 in .270 (not exactly an old west load), I'm always trying to buy it from him.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Nice collection. :?

I hope to be buying a revolver, a lever, and a shotty, this year. It will depend on how the new company makes out. I really need a new safe or to sell off some AR's first though. I'm out of room again.

I want a 1873 4 3/4" .357 Cattleman in Charcoal Blue, a matching 1873 20" pistol grip lever action rifle in .357. I haven't decided what shotgun to get yet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
SWEEEEET! Wish I could afford a couple of cowboy guns, as it is I only have the one.

My 1894 in 38-55

as most of these were specials(if you can call 1/15000 in my case special) Which ones yours. Mines the 1986 Texas Sesquicentennial one.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was the Oliver Winchester Comm. 1894 also in 38-55 cal and was made in 1980

·
Registered
156 Posts
vulcan15 said:
Mine was the Oliver Winchester Comm. 1894 also in 38-55 cal and was made in 1980
Cool, mine is the 18 ½ " round barrel carbine. I can tell you have the octagonal barrel, looks a bit longer than mine, is yours the rifle or are the barrel bands just in different places?

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"baka-san"Cool, mine is the 18 ½ " round barrel carbine. I can tell you have the octagonal barrel, looks a bit longer than mine, is yours the rifle or are the barrel bands just in different places?
Mine is the rifle with a 24" barrel

·
Registered
156 Posts
vulcan15 said:
Mine is the rifle with a 24" barrel
How's the recoil on yours? Am I going to need a vest? My father bought mine as an "investment"(1 of 15000) and never shot it. Never going to be worth much, so to hell with it, I want to shoot it. Ammo's expensive though.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"baka-san"

How's the recoil on yours? Am I going to need a vest? My father bought mine as an "investment"(1 of 15000) and never shot it. Never going to be worth much, so to hell with it, I want to shoot it. Ammo's expensive though.
I was going to save mine too but the value goes up so little unless they were very limited runs. So I have to give it a try. It was very pleasant to shoot. Not bad recoil at all. I think other than old west loads like PMC, Winchester is the only one that makes a nice factory load for it. And hell all ammo is getting expensive these days.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice indeed! :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts