FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think I would buy a second from CMMG first....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Local shop has a Colt AR. In 7.62x39 :-? . $950 used. What kind of deal is this? Good or bad?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Not the plinker but my first AR was a Oly Arms PCR 1 with stainless 20" bull bbl. Totally reliable and pretty accurate too. I dont have any experience with their plinker models but you can buy an assembled lower pretty cheap these days (see AR15dotcom) and slap whatever upper you want on it too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Local shop has a Colt AR. In 7.62x39 :-? . $950 used. What kind of deal is this? Good or bad?
Eh, ok price bad rifle, dont get the 7.62X39 one I get some Olympic Arms and some Colt ones to work on and they are a pain in the ass to get working. The mags never feed right, no feed ramp on and on...

Last time I was working on one I took it and test fired it at the range, Working fine with Thermold 556 mags I pulled the trigger and my hammer pin broke in half on my DPMS lower and turned the rifle full auto with no off switch.. I sprayed to the roof not expecting the recoil.

Also as you would expect there dirty as HELL.

Not worth it unless you get an MGI lower that takes AK mags those do work.

Also, the low end Olympic arms AR's are hit or miss I slap an MGI D-fender in them and it fixes alot of trouble

PS: dont even let them be in the same room with lacquered steel case ammo...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts