FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good reason why the non-brand specific forums never mention the FNP ? This group has me very interested in the gun, but I've been unable to find other discussions.

Thanks,

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
dourdave said:
Is there a good reason why the non-brand specific forums never mention the FNP ? This group has me very interested in the gun, but I've been unable to find other discussions.

Thanks,
I see the topic occasionally - I saw a post over the weekend at the Sig Forum about the FNP45, and I've seen prev conversations about it at Handgun Forum and Glocktalk and THR...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yea, THR has some good threads as does the firing line.com. Occasionally, "Owen" will chime in with some invaluable input. I think he is a former designer of the FNP series. He really helped me out when I was experiencing trigger slap from my FNP 40.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well shucks, so much for my reading and comprehensive skills. I'll keep trying and hope for some good discussions.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Thanks,
i have used FN's weapons in military all over the world,.. and the only FN pistol i ever heard about was the Five Seven,.. i never knew FN made a 9mm and .40,. or even the .45 that should be here soon.

needless to say i was really floored when i saw a little 9mm pistol on my local dealers shelf with the FNH oval on it. i knew nothing about the pistol,. but i bought it anyway because of my experiance with other FN firearms,.. i am so very glad i did.

now i just can't wait to get my hands on the FNP-45

i do not know who is running the FNP's advertising campain,. but they need a good swift kick in there rear end,. i have yet to see any ads on TV,. in magazines,. or other web sites about anything other than the FN Five-Seven,. PS-90,. or FS2000's it is not like it would be hard to do either,.. (knowing they like to sell to military & police)put a ad in the Army times,. any of the LEO magazines,. or even the Shotgun News that could be as simple as "hey,. know the guys that make the M-2,. M-240B and M-249's ect.,. ect. also makes a pistol?"

i dont know maybe i am just not looking in the places where they do advertise.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Actually, they have been running a lot of ads for the FNP in all the gun magazines for several months. Can't say that I've seen any ads for their other stuff, though... Although I THINK I've seen some pS90 ads in the past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've seen a few ads for the PS90's & FS2000's here and there, but in agreement with cruzie27, I have not seen any ads about the FNP save the one I saw over the weekend in a MIL. & LE magazine about the FNP-.45.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speaking of ads, I received a auto-generated e-mail ad from CDNN today. Mostly hawking used guns but there was a comment about the FNP so I clicked and was greeted by an FN sales promotion.

They are offering FNP 9's and 40's for $379.99. Same price for the blackened slide or the natural stainless slide.

Appears to be a good price. Shipping ($45) and local (here) FFL processing ($30) less sales tax ($30) brings me in the range of local pricing - if I can find one.

I gotta think some more about this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
In the Nov/Dec 2007 American Handgunner magazine there are three full page ads for the FNP, all back to back. Each ad has a different picture of a soldier with a weapon made by FN Herstal at the top of the page and below that a picture of an FNP.

I'm surprised that the FNP's aren't getting more attention, but I suppose that may be because they haven't caught on with the law enforcement agencies. The price, quality and safety features would seem to make them a good candidate for a service weapon, but I haven't seen any reports of LE agencies in the US buying FNP's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In the Nov/Dec 2007 American Handgunner magazine there are three full page ads for the FNP, all back to back. Each ad has a different picture of a soldier with a weapon made by FN Herstal at the top of the page and below that a picture of an FNP.

I'm surprised that the FNP's aren't getting more attention, but I suppose that may be because they haven't caught on with the law enforcement agencies. The price, quality and safety features would seem to make them a good candidate for a service weapon, but I haven't seen any reports of LE agencies in the US buying FNP's.
i am going to have to look for that magazine.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Seen the ads in the NRA's American Rifleman.

The question about LE adoption of the weapon is interesting.

Have any US departments purchased the FNP? The only ones I know of that do use it are in Belgium.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't stand it any longer---I ordered a 9mm today. Will make arrangements with a FFL dealer this weekend and hopefully have the new addition late next week.

I do not know exactly what to expect in my hand at the range, but from everything I have gleaned from comments, it should be good.

Here's to FN !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, my dealer replied to my order today: he cancelled the order.

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday, it seems like FN increased prices. My dealer was somewhat bothered by this. His thought was that we are paying for the surge of advertising about FN. And would'cha know it---I raised the issue about not knowing what the FNP-9 was.

Anyway, I agree with his action and will look for another 9mm decocker to add to my "family".

My Browning HP variant (decocker) sends chills up my spine. So do my HKs. So, all is not lost.

Now-----what to order-----

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Have you checked with the Sponsors here to see if they can make you a deal on one? Like Buds Gun Shop? Tanners Sports has good deals too.

As for other plastic DA/SA with decokers... the Walther P99AS is a good choice and of course the Browning Pro-9 may still be available.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Love my 1911A1 in .45 ACP. I chose the FNP in .40 because it was designed originally as a .40 cal and is more comfortable and accurate for me than the Glock. Also like the M&P, but I like the idea of being able to decock a weapon when carrying.

·
Registered
252 Posts
dourdave said:
Speaking of ads, I received a auto-generated e-mail ad from CDNN today. Mostly hawking used guns but there was a comment about the FNP so I clicked and was greeted by an FN sales promotion.

They are offering FNP 9's and 40's for $379.99. Same price for the blackened slide or the natural stainless slide.

Appears to be a good price. Shipping ($45) and local (here) FFL processing ($30) less sales tax ($30) brings me in the range of local pricing - if I can find one.

I gotta think some more about this.
Can you give the link on this?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts