FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Yup. Tons of people are going to tell you not to buy the upper until you get your stamp cause of the "intenet" of building and SBR before you get your stamp. The barrels come sealed in plastic; I would just leave it in there till you get your stamp. You cant intend to build it if its sealed. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have the 16 (and 17) and both are grandfathered as pistols in Michigan. (weird law they changed a couple years ago)

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Interesting. Do you have a trust? I efiled a Form 1 for my 16 online. It was super quick and easy. Then get your receiver engraved and buy a barrel when you're ready.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting. Do you have a trust? I efiled a Form 1 for my 16 online. It was super quick and easy. Then get your receiver engraved and buy a barrel when you're ready.

Yes, I have a Trust - and I am a lawyer, and I do Trusts. Right now I only have suppressos. My 16,17, and FS 2000 are grandfathered. I think I am going to just do the 16 and an AR lower.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Yes, I have a Trust - and I am a lawyer, and I do Trusts. Right now I only have suppressos. My 16,17, and FS 2000 are grandfathered. I think I am going to just do the 16 and an AR lower.
Even better! Starting with the 16 and an AR lower sounds great. You can always file for the 17 though and just get a barrel down the road when you feel like it. That way atleast youll have the stamp moving forward.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Being that my 17 is already a Michigan Pistol and that I would lose tons of FBS by going to a shorter barrel - I don't see the need. I will have an SBR 16 with interchangeable barrels (10" and 16") and an AR lower for 5.56 and 300blk uppers. (I need to sell my 16" Noveske 300blk Keymod upper)

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Even better! Starting with the 16 and an AR lower sounds great. You can always file for the 17 though and just get a barrel down the road when you feel like it. That way atleast youll have the stamp moving forward.
that is good to know I always thought it worked like suppressors thanks for info

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ws told by a gun dealer at williams steve, the guy who handles the silencer paper work. That the sbr law in michigan the way its wrote, prohibits you from building or manufacturing your own sbr, AKA no getting a reciever registering it then building up your own version of an sbr. He said you must find it already assembled? is this true or what any lawyers here?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just seems awfull fishy to me what he said like he was talking about something he wasnt sure of. Because the way i read the article on truth about guns was that they are eliminating what he described.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Ws told by a gun dealer at williams steve, the guy who handles the silencer paper work. That the sbr law in michigan the way its wrote, prohibits you from building or manufacturing your own sbr, AKA no getting a reciever registering it then building up your own version of an sbr. He said you must find it already assembled? is this true or what any lawyers here?
Didn't think so. SB610 mimics federal law in regards to SBS/SBRs
Under the new amendment, MCL 750.224b(3) allows a

person to make, manufacture, transfer, or possess a

SBS or a SBR that is lawfully made, manufactured,

transferred, or possessed under federal law.
http://content.govdelivery.com/atta...tachments/281097/MSP+Legal+Update+No.+106.pdf

1 - 20 of 21 Posts