FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just picked the AR57 up a little over a week ago. After much much debate on sights/optics I ordered a C-More rail sight tonight.

I was going to take the ACOG from the PS90 and use it but I enjoy it on the PS90 to much to pull it. Aimpoints, Eotech and iron sights all were considered but in the end the C-More just seemed the best choice all around.

:grin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ruggles said:
Just picked the AR57 up a little over a week ago. After much much debate on sights/optics I ordered a C-More rail sight tonight.

I was going to take the ACOG from the PS90 and use it but I enjoy it on the PS90 to much to pull it. Aimpoints, Eotech and iron sights all were considered but in the end the C-More just seemed the best choice all around.
Now all you need to get is that new single-stack, 10-shot, 5" bbl, super slim CCW gun chambered in 5.7 that everyone is raving about and you'll have the perfect collection.

(I can dream can't I? :twisted: )

BTW which ACOG are you running on your 90 and how do you like it?
I'm considering the 1.5x24 with
myself but I just can't decide between it or their 42mm reflex.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.botachtactical.com/trijiconta445.html

This is the one I have on it.

I just ordered a top rail from Promoted Pawn and plan to put the C-More sight I ordered the other day on the PS90 and place this ACOG on the AR57. Just the opposite of what I planned to do the other day.

The AGOG is great on the PS90 but I really want it on the AR57. I do not want to buy a new AGOC just now so I think the C-More will also be good on the PS90. If you like the ACOG I would highly recommend it on the PS90.

BTW if you want I no longer need the PS90 TROS mount for the ACOG. If you are in need of one to mount the ACOG let me know I will let you have it at a very good price.

Good luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ruggles said:
This is the one I have on it.

I just ordered a top rail from Promoted Pawn and plan to put the C-More sight I ordered the other day on the PS90 and place this ACOG on the AR57. Just the opposite of what I planned to do the other day.

The AGOG is great on the PS90 but I really want it on the AR57. I do not want to buy a new AGOC just now so I think the C-More will also be good on the PS90. If you like the ACOG I would highly recommend it on the PS90.

BTW if you want I no longer need the PS90 TROS mount for the ACOG. If you are in need of one to mount the ACOG let me know I will let you have it at a very good price.

Good luck!
Thanks for the offer but I have the TR so I won't need the mount. How fast was your ACOG on the 90 at very close range (5-10 yards) and at medium range (10-25yards) compared to a 1x red dot? How was the eye relief/exit pupil?

I'm leaning slightly more towards the 24mm version because it has greater freedom of eye position than the 16mm (the one you have) assuming it will be faster to acquire the reticle, but the 16mm has a larger FOV so it has the edge in picking up the target. So if you had no issues it may be the better option, your thoughts?

Of course if I go with their reflex I'll have more room on the rail. I swear I'm about ready to buy all three, compare them, then decide and return the other two. Arrrrgh!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As for how fast it was I will say it was faster than me! My old eyes can not do it justice. If I were you I would go with the reflex sight as I think it will be quicker on the PS90 than the ACOG. The ACOG just seems to be designed for longer range shooting IMO.

I think the ACOG will be great on the AR57 as that design lends itself to longer ranger shooting than the PS90 even with equal barrel lengths.

One of the reason I am mounting the C-More rail sight (over the ACOG) on the PS90 is eye relief.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts