FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
FChen17213 said:
Is it confirmed that it'll be another year?

From the december 8-th "answered questions":

9. Q----Is the SCAR Heavy still due to be released in the first quarter of 2009?
A---- No, the SCAR light will be available starting late Dec. '08/early Jan. '09. The SCAR heavy will probably not be available until late '09/2010.
:cry:

·
Banned
78 Posts
I don't quite understand why they're going to take so long to release the SCAR H. I don't work in the gun business but it just seems to me like it would make sense to try and get these things out. They're pretty certain to sell really well in today's marketplace.

·
Registered
68 Posts
FChen17213 said:
I don't quite understand why they're going to take so long to release the SCAR H. I don't work in the gun business but it just seems to me like it would make sense to try and get these things out. They're pretty certain to sell really well in today's marketplace.
It's because they want to milk the light for as long as they can. Think Gran turismo 5 prolouge....they are going to hold back the release of the real one for as long as possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was getting so pissed that just as the new stepped-up rifles were hitting the market, a buying frenzy ensues. Why! Production must ramp up! Why the hell can't these people anticipate the demand?! Are they not in the business of making money! What is wrong here?! Is this communism?

I'll be ok now. Albeit I feel like if have just been through a bad break-up. Fits of melancholy after terrible bouts of sadness. Why? At not being able to pony up 10K on gunbroker for a rifle that isn't time tested? Finally a feeling of freedom has washed over me. I don't care anymore. I am beyond the special this, gas piston that, adaptive combat up the yang, blah blah blah... Whew!

I'm hear cause I love the PS90. It is rock solid and highly specialized. Makes me feel giddy every time I shoot it, or look at it. I have all I need and now it's back to basics... Time to talk my aunt into selling me her cowboy rifles.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You'll know this is all marketing crap, right? Look, the difference between the SCAR 16 and the SCAR 17 is very minor. They share 88% of the same parts as I remember it. So it's going to take the a YEAR to make 12% of the parts needed to build a SCAR 17? Wow, that 12% must be hard to build.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is not just a marketing trick.

Just have a look at how many products is FN producing and suporting at the same time and you'll understand the magnitude of the work on their hands. Is amazing that they produce anything for the civilians at all.

They are producing p-90's for around 30 different customers ranging from LE agencies to armies, they sell the Minimi to over 40 countries, the FN MAG to just as many. They are working on perfecting and introducing of the SCAR, Mk46, Mk48, new rifle mounted grenade launcher, new fifty cal MG in service. In the same time have to suport with service and parts a huge list of millitary hardware in hundreds of armies around the world.
Some how they still had time and resources to market and suport few very popular civilian pistols, rifles and carabines.

Honestly how much else can we ask from them?
We can't compare FN Herestal with some company like Robarms that sells one rifle and few accessories to one small market only.

I have only respect for FN. Being able to stay on top of the tough millitary hardware market and still have time and resources to introduce and suport some outstanding civilian products, deservs only respect and admiration.

:MM: :MM: :MM: :MM: :MM: :MM: :MM: :MM:

I'm sure they have good reasons for the delay. I can wait. :MM: :MM:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jaws said:
Honestly how much else can we ask from them?
I don't care about all that other jazz. I just want a SCAR 17S. :?

I've been waiting 4 years already... :cry:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well sure we all want what we want when we want it. The way it is in the real world is that you take care of your big customers first and see to it that those deals and contracts are maintained. Then as those orders are being filled you can as time goes on shift production to satisfy the desires of the civilian market.
We have to understand that the "Company" is watching what goes on with the 2A arguments as well. Should things go the way Biden Et.Al want then it's not a good move for the factory to try to tool up to meet the demands of a market rendered "Non- Existant."

In the interim it's imcumbent on us to actually speak to our congress and let them know what we want. We need to let them know that we won't stand for arbitrary restraint of trade of the firearms manufacturers. Believe me this will do more to put guns on the shelves of our gun shops than sitting back and hollering about the long wait. Let Congress know that we want the Green Light. That will do more to change the topic at production manager meetings than anything else we can do.

Granted we can't ramp up the production. But we can insure that the manufacturers will not be impeded in the sale of product if they act too soon. Want to stop what looks a trade barrier in added rules to the Second Amendment? Then write to call and be present in notice to Senators and Congress. That's the way this is going to have to be done. Apathy will let it all slide away. And they will do it under the guise of "Protecting the Kids"

End of Rant.......... :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I said:
More time to save up. I want three.

As long as Barry the messiah and his Dem cohorts leave the Second Amendment alone, I'm willing to wait.
Rep states M17S won't be released for another year...

I've decided to spend my money on three Kel-Tec RFBs instead (first batch just shipped), sorry FNH, I'm out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts