FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a year since I was given the opportunity to admin here - I started right around Christmas time 2006. I had some suggestions for Therm, and he offered to let me give him a hand here (I was also adminning at HandgunForum at the time as well)...

When I started here, there was about 140 members or so, and the site had been open about a year. I had a few suggestions and ideas for changes, and Therm let me go and run with them.

I expanded the site with new subforums, and I tried what I could to get more traffic to come here. Also managed to rope in several of our sponsors..

Anyway - in about a year, we now have over 4100 members onboard, and we hover around 60,000 unique hits a month to the site. I know we aren't a HUGE site yet - but we're getting there...

I think that's pretty good progress, don't you? Hopefully we'll double our size in the next 12 months. And, I hope we get several new sponsors coming in as well.

The change from the PS90 Forum to the FN Forum was a good decision that we made back in April or May, and Therm did a great job with the new site design. It's also fantastic to have FN now participating on the site!

My goal here was to get more members, and to have a genuine "community feel" to the site. While this is obviously an FN driven site, I try to have enough participation in the general gun discussion, the 2nd Amendment section and the Freestyle room (the off topic area) to make this site fun for even NON FN owners. I want to provide a little something for everyone, and have it where people can make friends on this site and have all sorts of discussions.

So, for the members here, I hope you have enjoyed the past 12 months here. And, I hope you found the site at least a little useful.

Thanks for being a member guys!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Um... who are you again? :lol:

I agree with the above posts. The site has a good layout this place has a freindlier tone than the huge forums. There is no attacking over here, no rivalries between egos. I think you and Therm have done a great job. :?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Far as I'm concerned your the best moderator on the internet ship!

I can't believe the progress this place has seen. (I was one of the 140 pre-Shipwreck members)

I really do like community feeling here. It is such a relief after tiptoeing around that other forum, scared of how, where, and what to say, like a child in dysfunctional household. Such bad vibes.

Yeah, so Bravo Zulu Ship'!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ABOUT time you get on here TONY!!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Jumped the gun on that one :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thats what she said :lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, you've done a great job from all I've seen in the short time of being a member. Even as a "lurker" since last summer I enjoyed the information I gleaned from the posts over the difficulty I often had on other sites that would often go WAY off topic before you got back to information you wanted/needed.

I'd also like to point out that I more than noticed your concientousness (sp?) in greeting new folks and keeping the less than regular posters feeling welcome, bumping up older posts that might still hold relevence, keeping the 2nd Amendment forum running while still enjoying the site with own postings. Last, but not least, I commend your posting supporting the FN arms and this web in a highly positive manner even when others at the same site might be going more than negative in their postings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts