FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Some good points. Especially at the end of the video, posturing.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
There might come a time I would want to open carry, but not so far. I do like having the option to do so in my state. I'm sure as hell not taking an AK into Chipotles.

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
I used to open carry when I lived in VA...mostly just when I walked the dogs though. I lived in a small neighborhood and no one even blinked an eye at it. Of course it's not an option now that I'm back here in TX...at least for now.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Jerry M, IS the MAN!

As for his very good point on pistol retention when we carry concealed OR otherwise. This is the reason I take a proactive and layered approach to retention, I carry a knife and tactical pen so I always have some device handy in the event someone attempts disarming me. If someone were to discover my CCW and I make every effort to prevent that from happening but still, if someone were I can either present my tactical pen or knife to protect both myself and my CCW. Also, keeping aware of our surroundings at all times is crucial, nothing worse than an unwelcome surprise whether armed or not! Here's a thread I OP'd pertaining to the subject of knives, tactical pens and so forth.... http://fnforum.net/forums/tactics-corner/53347-what-s-your-daily-carry-tactical-kit.html.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts