FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing my research on the Trijicon RMRs. I have it narrowed down to either the RMR06 with 3.25 MOA or the RMR07 with the 6.5MOA. If this was for my rifle it would be hands down the smaller MOA, but I have no experience with a red dot on a pistol. My inclination is that you would want the larger MOA on the pistol for easier co-witness and since the FNX45 Tac is a combat pistol you are not going for tack driving precision. My LGS that I deal with can get either and the price for either is $499.99.

I am just looking for your thoughts, especially from those that run an RMR on your pistol.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'd go with the larger dot for faster target acquisition. As you say, it's a pistol not a rifle.

Reactions: arcticzale

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do either of you know what the MOA is on the front sight of the gun....in otherwords is the 3.5 the same size or smaller than the front sight? And I assume the 6.5 MOA is larger than the front sight................I am probably over thinking this but I would think you would want a good balance and not have the dot overpower the front sight or vice versa. Does that make sense or am I just over thinking?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Larger dot is faster acquisition. Smaller dot is better for precision shooting.

Unless you are solid on an RMR purchase, the Burris FF3 cost less than 1/2 the price of the RMR and fits on the FNX45T with the included FNX provided hardware.
I concur. Burris 'bang for the buck' is hard to beat. Albeit, I love my delta point with the 7.5moa delta...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I run an RMR02 with the 8MOA dot on my FNP45T and I've been happy with it. The dot shows up well in a light conditions and is easy to acquire and it only covers 2" of the target at 25yds.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I also have the Burris FF3 on my 45 tac and I love it. The auto brightness adjustment works well and I am still on the original battery after over 1,000 rounds and a number of months of use. I have the 8MOA version and it is very quick to spot and plenty accurate for anything that I would ever use a tactical handgun for.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Do either of you know what the MOA is on the front sight of the gun....in otherwords is the 3.5 the same size or smaller than the front sight? And I assume the 6.5 MOA is larger than the front sight................I am probably over thinking this but I would think you would want a good balance and not have the dot overpower the front sight or vice versa. Does that make sense or am I just over thinking?
You're over thinking it. The red dot and the iron sights are two sighting separate systems, just like a T-1 and irons on an AR. Treat the pistol the same way.

·
Registered
932 Posts
This has helped me as well. I'm looking at the Burris Fast Fire III with the larger dot. Is there some type of cover for the red dot while it is mounted and not in use on the 45T?

·
Administrator
11,088 Posts
This has helped me as well. I'm looking at the Burris Fast Fire III with the larger dot. Is there some type of cover for the red dot while it is mounted and not in use on the 45T?
The Burris FF3 comes with a hood to mount over the sight, but I think this is more for light control issues than a true cover.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
The black plastic hood that comes with the FastFire isn't small and IIRC it doesn't fit with the FF installed on the 45tac.

Reactions: HK SD9 Tactical

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the RM03 - 13moa amber dot. Great scope, but in all honesty I would get a different color. The Amber washes to easily outside in the snow!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts