FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'll give a short history first.

Used to have the the sweetest kit. Gen III Monocular set up, PS90, with internal laser, (10) 50 LEO marked mags, rails , IR/Vis laser, IR/Vis light, REM 1 , the whole nine yards. Then got a USG, (6) 20 rd mags.

Had 3,000 rds of ammo. Never shot either one of the guns.

Then My job got all F-ed up and I needed cash ( family comes before toys), so I sold it all for bills and ****. :cry:

So heres why I need the Opinions.

New jobs kicking ass, making good money and I want to replace some of what I lost.

What I would like is, which 2 of the 3 would you get and why ?

GenIII Night Vision
USG
PS90

Oh yeah, the 5.7 platform was the farthest thing in my mind, I got some sweet AK74s, krinks and the such, UNTIL I decided to come back here and now I WANT IT BACK !!! :shock: And it kind of kills me when my son and I watch Stargate and he says"Daddy , remeber when you had a PS90, that thing was awesome", thanks son :cry:

Opinions PLEASE!!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I would get the USG and PS90 - I don't think the night vision thing is really necessary - just get a good aftermarket optic like an EOtech or Aimpoint or something similar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My reason for the night vision, is that , where I live we have a lot of wooded areas, not much light at all. So in a SHTF or any kind of light out situation, I like having the advantage and capability of seeing in the dark without light illumination.

Thoughts ?

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Please return here and post what you find for sale and what you consider buying. I always had a NVD on my "buy someday" list and wouldn't mind watching what you choose and why.

Sounds to me like you ought to get a tri-rail PS90. Might be more condusive to a night vision device....if you decide to get OPTICS instead of goggles.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well, I've said it before - I would prefer a standard PS90 with an aftermarket rail over the tri-rail PS90. You can get a slightly longer aftermarket rail too - if you wanted to squeeze in 2 optic devices on the PS90 (like a magnifier, NV, etc)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may go with either the PVS 14 or the D-300, which can be used with head/helmet mount, weapon mount , hand held. What ever you want.

I wast getting the NV to mount on the PS90, but both of those units would work for everything.

What I had before was the D-300, head / helmet mount, my PS90 had the IR / Visable laser and IR / visable illumination. That way everything could be used in every situation. :twisted:

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Merc said:
I may go with either the PVS 14 or the D-300, which can be used with head/helmet mount, weapon mount , hand held. What ever you want.

I wast getting the NV to mount on the PS90, but both of those units would work for everything.

What I had before was the D-300, head / helmet mount, my PS90 had the IR / Visable laser and IR / visable illumination. That way everything could be used in every situation. :twisted:
LINKY, LINKY, LINKY! You tease!

ShipWreck said:
Well, I've said it before - I would prefer a standard PS90 with an aftermarket rail over the tri-rail PS90. You can get a slightly longer aftermarket rail too - if you wanted to squeeze in 2 optic devices on the PS90 (like a magnifier, NV, etc)
That is a good point ship. Althought that after-market rail that goes over the PS90 long barrel might also add additional options for night vision and optics. Something to think about any way you approach it. It is nice to have options.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great NV seller, they even have a forum. And , most US based NV sellers get their items from these guys.

http://www.opticshq.com/

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Go for the PS90 first and then the USG then the NV as you don't know what will happen if Hitlery ot Osama Obama get elected. I can't see then banning NV so its safe to say those will be available in the future.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wilcox Engineering or Vic in the NV section of arfcom are probably the most righteous guys in the night vis business. Be careful - there's a lot of crap out there and very bad info floating on some forums.

Get a PS90 with a NV capable sight and the NVG. If you're talking SHTF at night, a pistol won't help much with NVGs. That's PDW territory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vic from Arfcom is a great guy, I used to be a NV dealer myself. I have some knowledge of it :-D , his Da Torch is BAD ASS :-x

·
Registered
329 Posts
blkbd said:
Go for the PS90 first and then the USG then the NV as you don't know what will happen if Hitlery ot Osama Obama get elected. I can't see then banning NV so its safe to say those will be available in the future.
Fantastic point!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fantastic point!
Agreed, so it seems your choice is clear! The PS90 first, then the USG, last the NV. You can always swap the last two based on which has more priority for you at the time of purchase. Regardless the 90 comes first.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Since all three are toys to some degree the NV would be my first pick because there is a lot more occasion to play with it.
I also live in the woods and NV has allowed me to see a world that few people even know about. The woods are alive at night.
Second would be the PS90, I think it's one of the coolest weapons ever invented.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My first choice was the NV and the PS90, but then I started thinking and then I became retarded. :-D

But Im think Im going with the PS90 and the NV :shock:

I was going with an UZI but its to dam heavy all loaded and geared up, so Im going to dump it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I was in your shoes I'd get the PS90 and the Five-n-Seven. It will be harder to get them instead of a NV setup.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Also if Hitlery or Osama Obama get elected in November the prices of toys will skyrocket over night long before they are able to take office in January.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:shock: Picked up the PS90 TODAY!!!!!!

Happier than a pig iin ****! :p

And , next week , Ill get the NV AND the 5.7, so my problem is solved!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts