FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really want one. I have been looking at the Walter G22 as it seems to be the only "stock" rifle that I can find in this category. I have also seen a number of conversion for the Ruger 10/22.

Which way is the best to go

TIA

Robert

:-x

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I saw a G22 for $300 at the Houston gun show the day I bought my 45 XD - I knew that if I came back with both - my wife would be upset.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have both the G22 and the 10/22 bullpup conversion.

I shoot the G22 all the time. Love it!
The factory laser option fits perfectly, and the rear sight has a wheel with 5 distance settings built in. That sight lets me take a chipmonk at 5 yards and a squirrel at 30 yards back-to-back.

·
Banned
328 Posts
The only 10/22 conversions I have seen have been crap. The rifle sits inside the conversion "shell" and moves all around when handled. You can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. It's really a cosmetic modification more than anything. The 10/22 is already pretty small - I can't see any purpose in making it shorter other than to "pimp it up".

I haven't seen the Walther in person but they are fairly reputable so there's probably not much risk there. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the rather tall sights and the fact that it's only 7 inches shorter than a stock 10/22.

If I were you I'd forget the bullpup altogether and just get a 10/22.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have the "muzzlite" 10/22 bullpup stock. The optics mount blows, and I had to shim and modify the stock before the trigger worked well, the body would accept hi-cap mags, and the thing would hold a zero. But now it works like a charm, ugly though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you think about the Browning Buckmark. Its a bit more expensive but I think its a much nicer looking design. And its a Browning cant go wrong with a Browning.

DOC

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are interesting/ Saw a few today at the Suncoast Gunshow (which sucked) here is Tampa.

I am really looking to stick with the bulpup design. I am trying to stay as close to my PS90 as I can (yes I know imposable). I need lots of practice. Really just lots of repetition pulling the trigger and as much as I love my 90 (and 57) its just to expensive to shoot it that way,

With my 57 the general range routine is to put 3 to 400 rounds through my S&W22A Then at least a half dozen mags through the 57. Even with the shi**y sights on the 57 I can see an improvement form when I was just shooting the 57 and having more fun as well. I want to be able to do the same with the PS90

·
Registered
414 Posts
Robert S said:
Those are interesting/ Saw a few today at the Suncoast Gunshow (which sucked) here is Tampa.

I am really looking to stick with the bulpup design. I am trying to stay as close to my PS90 as I can (yes I know imposable). I need lots of practice. Really just lots of repetition pulling the trigger and as much as I love my 90 (and 57) its just to expensive to shoot it that way,
NOTHING is impossible. A GOOD quality airsoft rifle and parts, a Ruger 1022 and a few hours of careful cutting and fitting and this is what you get.

Video of it before the FN ringsight :

:-D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Too Cool! Great job! :? That will save you some "fun" money.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
NOTHING is impossible. A GOOD quality airsoft rifle and parts, a Ruger 1022 and a few hours of careful cutting and fitting and this is what you get.

That is great! :?
I always wanted to do that to my spare Tokyo Marui P90 but I don't don't think I could pull off a clean conversion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts