FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a couple of bipods. One for a Remington SPS 700 and one for my SCAR17. I heard that Harris is a good brand. I assume there are others as well.

I am looking at some Harris right now as I can get them for 15% off.

What range should I get, 6 to 9 or 9 to 13 inch? Standard legs (swivel) or Leg Notches (swivel)? Leg notches, standard, benchrest?

I stand 6"2" and do most of my shooting from either a bench or prone.

Do I need to get the bipod QD swivel stud?

What is the average price for these?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
For Harris, I like the swivel with notched legs in 6-9 (mostly prone shooting). I like the lower ones because you get better stability. I'd also recommend a pod lock on it.

I'm actually considering getting rid of mine and getting an Atlas even though it's quite a bit more. It offers more versatility and with the QD mount you can use it on multiple rifles vs. buying multiple bipods or the annoyance of taking them off between guns.

·
Premium Member
13,665 Posts
SINCE YOU STAND 6 FOOT 2 INCHES I'M SORT OF AFRAID TO SAY ANYTHING:biggrin: BUT I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR ONE THAT IS VERSATILE AND OF GOOD QUALITY AND SO THE ATLAS LOOKS LIKE THE ONE FOR ME TO SO I AM GOING TO ORDER THE ONE THAT GOOD SARGE! HAS TO OFFER US FORUM MEMBERS :smile:

·
Registered
22 Posts
+1 on the Atlas w/adm qd mount.

I just received mine in the mail from Sarge yesterday. Well built, compact, and functional. Yes they're relatively expensive but well worth it. Save your money, purchase one here from Sarge (great price!) and just switch the bipod from the Rem 700 to the SCAR 17 when needed.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Reactions: HK SD9 Tactical

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Reactions: Yewtaw Kid

·
Registered
641 Posts
I like my Atlus just fine, but i love my GG&G.

·
Administrator
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input and opinions everyone. I did look at the Atlas, Harris, Sinclair Tactical, GG&G, and Bobro to mention a few. There are indeed a multitude of them and some can be classified as tanks, heavy pickups, pickups, and cars.

For my use at my age, it will be for bench rest shooting and some prone shooting. I do not envision my self using a bipod in a war environment or any tactical environment when it would have to be or extreme heavy duty construction.

I like the Versa-Pod that Cetane mentioned. Harris is also nice and of course, Atlas and Sinclair Tactical are real heavy duty, a bit much for my needs.

I will do some comparisons of the bipods and make my selection based on construction, needs, and costs. Again, thanks for all the input as it led me to places that I did not think to consider. I will have to do some hands on touch/feel stuff to make my final determination.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an Atlas (got it from Sarge as well) on my 17S and love it. It is expensive, but once you factor in buying a decent QD mount for a Harris or others the price difference isn't that much. Built like a tank and with pan and cant movement with adjustable tension. I also like the versatility of the Atlas since you can lock the legs at many different angles (not just 90 degrees like most bipods). The legs do have a little wobble to them when extended (as some have mentioned on here), but that goes away as soon as you put any weight on it. Of course all of that doesn't change the fact that you're dropping $250 on a bipod, but I got over that because I'm using it on 4 different rifles. Here's a good, concise, side by side of the Atlas and Harris bipods:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like my Atlus just fine, but i love my GG&G.
My recommendation. I love mine for my M1A. Absolutely love how the height adjustment works, the quick detach, just a solid bipod, but you do pay for it!

Read something regarding height... I'm 6'5, and the GG&G works fine for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts