FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to build another lower in a couple of months and it will be dedicated to a precision rifle/dmr type role (including hunting). The host upper is going to be my 264 LBC upper.

I'm trying to keep it pretty light due to the hunting aspect of the rifle. The Magpul PRS and UBR are pretty nice, but on the heavier side (I'm considering the UBR a fixed stocked due to how it attaches to the rifle and where I'd slap my face on it not moving).

Right now I'm going back and forth between the Magpul MOE rifle stock, A2, and the RRA Operator A2 stock. I'm kind of liking the MOE for the flat portion and can more easily get my hand under it to support with a sand bag.

Reactions: huffmaj3

·
Registered
67 Posts
Im in the same boat. Leaning towards the mag moe fixed carbine stock. Its really light weight and I already have a mil buffer tube lying around.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me, the carbine stock is too short (I'm 6'3" with long arms). My collapsible stock is always fully extended (with the thicker butt-pad as well), so I'm looking for a full A2 length stock.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have a Stag model 6 with the 24" stainless varmint barrel. It came with an A2 stock from the factory, and I have considered changing to the PRS. The A2 stock is pretty light and being 6'3" with long arms, fits me pretty well. I think I will eventually change to the PRS to get some additional weight to the back end for better balance, but have been doing other upgrading first. I like the A2 better than any of the carbine adjustable stocks that I have used as they never seem to get long enough for me to shoot easily at the bench. Maybe in a SD role the adjustable would be nice, but using a 24" barrel is not going to work for SD anyways.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does that have QD sockets installed? or is it like the MOE where you have to buy them and install them...

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Does that have QD sockets installed? or is it like the MOE where you have to buy them and install them...
Sorry Dan, I was mistaken ... the QD cups are optional. The entire thought behind the stock is modularity ... just a skeleton and the end user customizes and only adds what they choose, including QD cups. My mistake ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts