FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, have a FNX for about a month and love it. Never used a reflex red dot but want to try one (inexpensively) on my FNX Tactical. If i like it i will upgrade but do not wasnt to spend 500 to learn. My questions are: 1.what would you buy with a 6moa dot. 2. What sight fits on the plates that come with the gun? I have found 2 inexpensive sights but theyou require me to buy or make another plate that is about $45. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a greenhorn, but the optic I went with on my FNX 45T was a HoloSun HS507C. It uses the same mounting pattern as the Trijicon RMR, so I didn't need anything special to mount it on my pistol.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Vortex Venom. Not expensive. No extra plate to purchase. Don't really need to upgrade it if you do like the red dot. Can sell it easily if you don't. Lifetime unconditional warranty.

Reactions: glc

·
Registered
10 Posts
SIG Romeo 1 bolts right on without a plate. I got the plate so I could mount a Leupold Delta Point Pro. The plate raises the mount on the FNX-45 T up a bit, just like the ones they include, and takes away the use of the rear sight. I went back to the SIG Romeo 1. I have over 2500 rounds through it with the Romeo 1 and it has worked without a flaw. I do know that several folks have modified their Delta Point Pros to fit- apparently you have to remove a little material from the front of it. The SIG and the DPP have the same mounting pattern. The Sig sight is currently on sale at SIGs website for 199, and I think Optics Planets "DVOR" has it for 190. SIG has a pretty decent warranty too.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
SIG Romeo 1 bolts right on without a plate. I got the plate so I could mount a Leupold Delta Point Pro. The plate raises the mount on the FNX-45 T up a bit, just like the ones they include, and takes away the use of the rear sight. I went back to the SIG Romeo 1. I have over 2500 rounds through it with the Romeo 1 and it has worked without a flaw. I do know that several folks have modified their Delta Point Pros to fit- apparently you have to remove a little material from the front of it. The SIG and the DPP have the same mounting pattern. The Sig sight is currently on sale at SIGs website for 199, and I think Optics Planets "DVOR" has it for 190. SIG has a pretty decent warranty too.
Where did you find this plate? I started a thread about this and got crickets. ::FF::

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

Vortex Venom. Not expensive. No extra plate to purchase. Don't really need to upgrade it if you do like the red dot. Can sell it easily if you don't. Lifetime unconditional warranty.
Thank you Colonel! That was just the info I needed. Went to Cabelas, picked it up and installed easily. Also God bless you and thank you for your service. *

·
Registered
76 Posts
As posted, the Vortex Venom is a very good, not too expensive red dot. That's what I run on my tactical!:th_thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I run a vortex venom on mine. I like it a lot.

Plate was included and still allows for the iron sights to be used. Its actually nice since the iron sights sit low enough not to be in the way of the red dot, yet high enough to use if needed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
The plate that fits is from Leupold. Weirdly, it is not taught for the FN, but for an M&P Gun Model: Smith & Wesson M&P CORE Code: LU-MT-LDPPDMT-171203
MPN: 171203
UPC: 030317011734

I got the info for it from Leupold Customer Service. Optics planets has it for $37.49

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gentlemen, have a FNX for about a month and love it. Never used a reflex red dot but want to try one (inexpensively) on my FNX Tactical. If i like it i will upgrade but do not wasnt to spend 500 to learn. My questions are: 1.what would you buy with a 6moa dot. 2. What sight fits on the plates that come with the gun? I have found 2 inexpensive sights but theyou require me to buy or make another plate that is about $45. Thanks in advance for your help.
If you want an RMR you will definitely be happy with, that will keep its zero, not break and fall off the gun, my opinion is buy a Trijicon tritium RMR. I once had a venom, but it was awful to zero with the tiny little tool provided, and my fat fingers just didn’t work with the tiny little concealed illumination buttons. I have a lot of Vortex optics I like, but their rugged pistol optic will never be one of them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rivoak is right, you purchased a high-end pistol and you should have a high-end sight. The Trijicon RMR RM07 Type 2 (6.5 MOA dot) is a perfect match.

FNX X300 RMR.jpg

·
Registered
719 Posts
The vortex venom sucks so bad that is what FN chose to provide during their FNX-45T promotion.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't have a problem with the Venom. It's a very good red dot!:? What makes the Trijicon the best option! I originally had the Viper, but the fact of not being able to access the adjustment screws without removing the sight is why I sold it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Totally agree!!!! I have mounted Vortex Venoms on both my FNX-45 Tac and FN-509 Tac along with a number of other handguns. Super price and very reliable. Have a numer of less expensive sights on .22s. Do have EOTech and multiplier on my SCAR 17..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts