FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, quick question. Wondering what you like to use to clean the glass on optical sights. I know the products range from wipes to sprays to sticks, wondering what you prefer. Always used the same cleaning wipes I use for my glasses on the scopes on the deer rifles, are these as effective on other optical sights? I have an EOTech on my PS90. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I usually use a Leupold lens pen, if the debris is mostly dust or smudge. For heavier cleaning, I use the LCD screen cleaning spray you can get at any electronic store. It's safe for delicate surfaces like LCS screens, and fine optical glass. Eotechs and Aimpoints are far from fine glass, so it's real safe on them.

David

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I used to be big time into telescopes. You had to be very careful cleaning the optics - this is the most commonw ay:

IF you do not have a lens pen ($10 or less at Wal-Mart) - you can use rubbing alcohol on the glass with a q-tip. After you wipe it and it evaporates. Breath on it, and use a new q-tip to wipe away the moisture. WIth some practice of doing that a few times, U can usually get rid of the marks that show where you wiped.

An Eotech window is rather large - so it takes a while. But, that is how I did it. U can use this for any scopes as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts