FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not see a recent thread on feedback for them. Looking at the Leuopold Mark VI, VCog or Razor HD gen II. They have a sale until Sunday. Approximately 1900 for the VCog or Leuopold.

Is is that a decent price?
How is the buying experience?

This is for a Scar 17s. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I cant comment on the pricing. I haven't looked into the vcog much at all. But, I can say that they OP is a good place to do business with. Buy with confidence.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Their prices are not always the lowest but fairly close to it esp if u have a coupon, I have bought a bunch of exp optics, lasers etc.. from them in the last yr.
At the moment they are on my S--t list since I had ordered a 4" switchblade from them in July, when they became legal here in my state and they charged my CC at once and after 1 week I noticed it said when trying to track it that there was a prob in ship even though it had been saying shipping now.

So I called them and then they say they cant sell it to me unless LE etc. they credited my acct 1 week later and I got my switch some where else $10. cheaper!

Last week they had a 1917 Frontier Bowie for $129. with free ship and 11% discount, however I found same knife $5. cheaper elsewhere than even with their coup and free shipp but u can always use their "live Chat" till 5 pm and basically ask them for their best deal.

Reactions: Sgtpsych

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Their prices are not always the lowest but fairly close to it esp if u have a coupon, I have bought a bunch of exp optics, lasers etc.. from them in the last yr.
At the moment they are on my S--t list since I had ordered a 4" switchblade from them in July, when they became legal here in my state and they charged my CC at once and after 1 week I noticed it said when trying to track it that there was a prob in ship even though it had been saying shipping now.

So I called them and then they say they cant sell it to me unless LE etc. they credited my acct 1 week later and I got my switch some where else $10. cheaper!

Last week they had a 1917 Frontier Bowie for $129. with free ship and 11% discount, however I found same knife $5. cheaper elsewhere than even with their coup and free shipp but u can always use their "live Chat" till 5 pm and basically ask them for their best deal.
Let me guess.... you bought one of these.

Eotech Zombie Stopper Red Dot Holographic Sight FREE S&H XPS2-Z. EOTech Red Dot Sights.

:lol:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
OMG! U looked in my safe! That is a great unit but they would not sell the Zombie Switchblade to go with it. I use it on my AR pistol with the Hornady Zombie ammo in a 125 round mag and when the Zip gun is 100% reliable it will go on the barrel (maybe) but only with a stamp.

OK, before I get "Jumped" on by experts saying there are only 100 round AR mag! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Chinese made and sold 125 round mags for AR's which are like their 75 & 100 round AK mags they all wind up back loaders! All are 100 % reliable and can stay loaded!

Thank's

·
Registered
134 Posts
I ordered a Razor HD 1-6x24 from them last Sun. Got it yesterday. All optics were 12% off when I ordered so that was nice!

This is the first time I ordered from them and I would do it again.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I ordered a Razor HD 1-6x24 from them last Sun. Got it yesterday. All optics were 12% off when I ordered so that was nice!

This is the first time I ordered from them and I would do it again.
12% off of what???

Advertising is terrible on the human mind.
Red bull got sued for saying they "give you wings".
If they said that Redbull "gives you balls", it would still be wrong.
Some female would yell stating she had no balls growing yet.
Hotsauce can say "were#1" (at what).
Great, They actually did not lie.
My mother said I'm number one.
If they say we won 1st in last year's 2013 Louisiana state fair pork rib cook-off, then they better be solid on that specific fact.

Advertisers can state opinions or half facts like 12% off off our regularly horrible price. <-- true!!

After this rant, I will say that the mark 6 series is found all over, but is holding solid on the TMR 3-18x44 illuminated at $2500, and the rest of your choices are below.

Vortex Razor HD Riflescopes VORTEX 1-6x page links $1399.

Specials, Demos, Trades Mk6 1-6x illum. $1799 link (scroll down).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Saltpinch, I actually ordered Monday(CYBERMONDAY) not Sun like I previously stated. Got it yesterday.

I was going to order Sun because they had 11% off optics. I decided to wait until Cybermonday and they were offering 12% off. So I ordered.

At the top of Optics Planet webpage it said 12% off all optics. I didn't look for anything else but the Razor, so I'm assuming it was all optics because that's what it said.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Sweet!!!! I want one-- not really....
The bio-hazard reticle identifies the "Z" danger levels from just bitten to turning to full blown "Z"! LOL

Yrs. ago a famous self-proclaimed Turkey hunter told me secrets of hunting Turkeys, his name was "Lester" and he said take your gun go in woods gooble,gobble a few times and shoot anything gobbling back! LOL

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
The bio-hazard reticle identifies the "Z" danger levels from just bitten to turning to full blown "Z"! LOL

Yrs. ago a famous self-proclaimed Turkey hunter told me secrets of hunting Turkeys, his name was "Lester" and he said take your gun go in woods gooble,gobble a few times and shoot anything gobbling back! LOL
There is interest, there is fascination and then there is outright obsession. Dude you have nosedived off the cliff right into the pit of obsession.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Optic planet has great customer service but not best price point. Usually wait for coupon codes if need anything from them. They own dvor allot of times what they sell can be found cheaper on there.

also check with forum vendors I have seen them with more competitive prices then op.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, with the 12 % coupon it brings a VCog or Mark VI 1x6 into the 1900 range shipped. That is the promotion going on right now until Sunday.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Saw a vcog on slick guns for 1800 this week and 1500 last month.

I believe Stryker forum vendor had mk 6 for 1600 to 1700 earlier this year not sure about price right now. Shop around you got 48 hours lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I appreciate the insight. I have just been looking at the local shops and online vendors. Thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts